• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Solo Adventure

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
Is there a Pathfinder solo adventure I could use to help me learn the rules? Rather than just do mock combats, the adventure would help me try out some of the skills and so on.

Thanks

IronWolf

blank
Grabbing one of the free adventures from Paizo's site might help as well.

Sit down, read through it and whenever you see something you don't quite get take the time to look it up in the rules. Does the adventure have a trap? Think about how the players are apt to come upon it and even make some perception rolls and such so you get practice looking up your skills. Go ahead and take a couple of minis and play out the first few rounds of an encounter. Get a feel for the movement, attack rolls, saves, etc. Take your time with it and look up or ask about anything that is confusing.

With the large rulesets that many RPGs have sometime things really don't start to sink in until you've played a few times and that becomes the glue that starts to hold everything together.

SeaJay

Love, Respect, Understanding
That's a good idea.

It's tricky trying to remember all the little details. Combat itself isn't that difficult. Roll 1d20 v AC, roll damage etc. It's all the finer details that need careful perusal

Remove ads