[Solo] The Legend of S'Urok

Sparky

As the howl rips from your throat it is answered as the black-armored legionnaire charges as well, he scowls as his charge, too, is held back by uncertain footing and the two of you end up at arm's length - the steam of your panted breath clouds into his face and condenses, freezing on his bone-cold armor.

Your move...

Ghostknight

First Post
Init 18 AC 15 HP 22

ooc: Well, if we both moved 20', then we're face to face- time to do the wild thing...

S'Urok looks at the dead man in front of him

"Get ready to die again!"

He stabs forward with his sword, trying to catch the officer in front of him off guard, hopefully smashing him to pieces before he can even move!

ooc: To hit roll= 9 IT appears some things just aren't meant to be....

Sparky

On the treacherous ice you wisely choose keeping your feet over landing a blow - your devastating swing screeches as it grazes the officers scaled armor. The rotting teeth bare more and the glowing yellow eye flare. A smile?

The wind dies momentarily and the smell of the grave fills your nose, threatening to raise your gorge. The leering officer raises his blade in both hands and in a flash, surprising from the decrepit creature, the black blade swings down and catches you high on the shoulder and chest turned at the last moment from more lethal blow. Shattered links fly and a searing pain dims your sight momentarily as dark blood begins to flow.

Behind the officer three uniformed figures - one robed, two armored - appear at the mouth of the cave, "Sir, we couldn't find the - "

The speaker breaks off a wicked black metal sickle in its hands. He crouches readying to enter the fray. The other two are wreckages of mortal form, shreds and tatters of flesh and fabric cling to visible bones propelled by dark magics. At a gesture from the robed legionnaire, vacant eye-sockets swivel toward the fight and raise crossbows.

Without looking back, the black-armored officer throws up a stalling hand back at the figures behind him. The skeletal warrior's arms drop immediately, lifeless, but the other lowers his nasty-looking sickle more deliberately.

On the ground, Hul'kilay groans, bleeding his life into the icy and snow.

Please make a Fortitude save, DC 15, against Sickening (-2 to Attacks, Saving throws and Skill checks) and take 8 points of damage from the legionnaire's blade.

Ghostknight

First Post
Init 18 AC 15 HP 14

ooc: Fortitude save 17

Looking at the officer and the bleeding shaman S'Urok looks for inspiration.

This is not the end I am meant for- may the spirits guide my blade!

ooc: To hit roll 10, Guess the spirits just ain't with me! Hope they are planning to take prisoners or this is going to be a very short lived campaign!

Sparky

OOC: As you may have guessed, no dice on the hit. Well, really, what do you expect... you did break the silence of the pyre. :)

Another crushing attack whickers past the lithe legionnaire. He laughs, a booming echoing sound, eyes flaring so much that they light the snow at your feet. He brings his own blade around and makes a weak swing. Is he taunting you?

The robed legionnaire tenses as the swings miss and the duel goes on. He hisses, glaring at his officer, glowing golden eyes smoldering in their rotted sockets.

Your go. Bring the pain S'Urok!

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: Hey, everybody else was howling- not my fault I got healthy lungs! :D

Taunt me will you? Lets see if you taunt me for much longer!

S'Urok looks at the legionaire.

"I thought dead men never got tired, that last swing was clearly that of a tired, dead man"

He lunges forward, skewing his blade and then chopping upwards, hoping to catch the officer off guard and get the dancing fool!

ooc: Finally! Attack roll 23
If I hit dmg = 5 at least it is better than a miss!

Last edited:

Sparky

OOC: No, no, the silence was for the rest of the night - after the funeral. :)

It's difficult to know what sort of damage you might do to one whose body are driven by dark magic and darker will, but you score a hit. The officer's teeth bare and a foul smelling saliva gathers on his lips.

He moves a short step to your right to position himself with his back to the cliff and attacks again. The swing whistling past your face and you can feel cold radiating off of the hated blade.

Your move.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
S'Urok looks at the undead officer, back against the cliff and hefts his axe

"I really want to now how that ugly skull of yours is going to look mounted on top of apike outside my hut!"

He swings, putting everything he has into the blow

ooc: To hit = 23 dmg = 15 Aah- the dice are good today...

Sparky

An unearthly screech shrills as your axe crushes into the leering officer. His eyes flare as your blade comes away dripping with foul, clotted blood and ichor. He seems to struggle with himself for a moment jaws cracking in a hungry hiss, hand reaching forward to grasp the living creature so near...

The spirits howl in your ears to finish your foe, but it is uncertain just what it will take to finish the wreck before you as the blade returns and sweeps an arc across your chest - pain burning.

Take 9 points and your move.

Ghostknight

First Post
Hp 5

S'Urok looks at the gor from the creature, at his own blood splattered on the ground.

"Die you dead thing!"

This had better kill this cursed thing, don;t know how much longer i can stand!

And stumbles and tries to correct himself to not be wide open to the creature!

ooc To hit roll 7

Remove ads