• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some Ideas Bouncing Around My Head...

Okay, so its been a while since I've popped in around here. Couple years, in fact...but, well, after trying to run TOO many games at once and overdoing it, the urge to run a PbP(or two, but no more) has hit me again. I would prefer to stick to just one game, but if there's enough interest, I can possibly be convinced to do two.

Thing is, I'm not quiet sure exactly what I'd like to run. So, I figured I'd throw out my (basic) ideas and see what the masses think. So....the big ones stuck in my head right now are:

D&D 3.5e
-A mid(or low) level 'stranded on an island, trying to get off' style campaign. No real setting to speak of. Not thinking any craziness ala Lost, but definitely monstery goodness to go around. My mind has this one going as more of a hack-n'-slash which I know can be a bit slower on PbP, though.

-A more diplomatic oriented campaign, would work at any level depending on what people would prefer. Right now I see the PCs as being agents of a King(or similar ruler type) venturing to an unexplored Kingdom to set up some kind of diplomatic ties while dealing with the fun that everyone knows comes with new places in fantasy worlds.

Star Wars d20
(Before game ideas, would like to stick with the Revised rules for these ones. I know the new rules are coming out soon, but there wouldn't be any plans to convert.)

-A game set in the Old Republic era, Tales of the Jedi time so thousands of years before movies, and have the PCs as a group of explorers expanding the Republic's borders and seeing what's out there in the galaxy.

-Good old fashioned Rebellion-era, Empire overthrowing game. These are always fun. Just some classic stormtrooper killing, sneaking around in places that Rebels aren't supposed to be, and causing of chaos.

Okay...so that's only four ideas. Truthfully, I'm open to suggestions, especially on the SWd20 end. I can bring myself to come up with a game idea for pretty much any Star Wars era, so if that gets the most interest and its something other than those two...well...shoot. At this point, I'd really just like to run something again. :)

Shayuri

First Post
My vote is solidly cast for Star Wars. I have a love of space opera, and it's rarely sated!

I've got a Jedi in another game, but I'd love a chance to play a pilot ace...maybe force sensitive, maybe not.

As for which one, the explorer game sounds marginally cooler, just because you could give us new and unknown things. Strange beings, bizarre anomalies, old ruins thrumming with power. Etc. The Rebel era plot is usually more predictable, but could still be good.

Yee!

ethandrew

First Post
I think a diplomatc campaign which segues into the deserted island. Nothing like high strung nobles living the hard life.

Rhun

First Post
Shayuri said:
My vote is solidly cast for Star Wars. I have a love of space opera, and it's rarely sated!

I've got a Jedi in another game, but I'd love a chance to play a pilot ace...maybe force sensitive, maybe not.

As for which one, the explorer game sounds marginally cooler, just because you could give us new and unknown things. Strange beings, bizarre anomalies, old ruins thrumming with power. Etc. The Rebel era plot is usually more predictable, but could still be good.!

I am with Shayuri 100%...even as far as having a Jedi in the same game!

I'd love the chance to play a burly soldier type...in fact, I think I have a character already designed from another Star Wars game that died if you do decide to start a game! :D

Hmm...the more I've had to think about it, the more I'm starting to latch onto the mid-level D&D Island Game...but I can't seem to shake the SWd20 Old Republic one, either.

I'm thinking I'll give this a couple more days to flesh the ideas out in my head before making a decision, but at this point, looks like I'll probably run one of those two...or, knowing me, try both.

In the meantime, feel free to throw other ideas at me, etc. :)

Rhun

First Post
I'm sure anything you decide to run will be fun. And I'm always up for a game, regardless of what system/world/era/etc it takes place in. :)

Remove ads