• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Some interesting news about 4th edition

Cowpie Zombie

First Post
My FLGS owner, who is a close friend of mine, was told by a source at WotC that 4th edition will be integrated with Magic: the Gathering. He was vague on *how* this would be done, as 4th edition is still very much in the preliminary stages. But the terms "feat cards", "spell cards" and "power boost cards" (?) were used.

Please note: this is NOT just another "4e rumor". I've known this FLGS owner for years now, and his WotC insider friend is a man of honesty and integrity, who was with TSR long before WotC took over.

At any rate, I thought I'd share it here. Personally, I'm looking forward to it already!

MrFilthyIke

First Post
ChickenLittle_300x298.jpg

Mercule

Adventurer
Cowpie Zombie said:
Please note: this is NOT just another "4e rumor".

Nope. It's a complete troll. Integrating D&D with M:tG is such a cosmically stupid thing to do that this can be nothing else.

Sebastian Francis

First Post
Cowpie Zombie said:
My FLGS owner, who is a close friend of mine, was told by a source at WotC that 4th edition will be integrated with Magic: the Gathering. He was vague on *how* this would be done, as 4th edition is still very much in the preliminary stages. But the terms "feat cards", "spell cards" and "power boost cards" (?) were used.

Please note: this is NOT just another "4e rumor". I've known this FLGS owner for years now, and his WotC insider friend is a man of honesty and integrity, who was with TSR long before WotC took over.

At any rate, I thought I'd share it here. Personally, I'm looking forward to it already!

Sounds cool. Frankly, I'm not completely surprised. The game has been evolving into a "power character ability stack" model since 3.0, and I for one am glad to see it! After all, people who don't like it can always play AD&D or C&C. The idea of "feat cards" is intriguing. Maybe I'm just a WotC fanboy (of course I am ;) ) but I'm already rubbing my hands in anticipation of cracking open a feat booster pack, or whaddever form it takes.

Any information on what "power boost cards" are supposed to be? A new 4e mechanic?

Intrigued.

Vindicator

First Post
Mercule said:
Integrating D&D with M:tG is such a cosmically stupid thing to do that this can be nothing else.

Why? Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they implement it. The 800 lb. gorilla of the CCG business and the 800 lb. gorilla of the RPG business . . . combined, should be a stellar product.

I'm interested in seeing if the M:tG integration makes it *mandatory* to use M:tG with D&D 4e, or if it will be more of an "optional" kind of thing.

But still, the idea is a good one.

Aaron L

Hero
this just smells funny.

and dumb.

and i dont believe it for a second.

there is no way theyll make an RPG "collectible" unless they want to lose a large segment of thier buyers.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I look upon this, with caution.
I look upon this, with a wary eye.

If this is the way. I will drop all WOTC products, and return them forthwith, with a speed, that will make a cheetah jealous.

If this source has a ounce of truth, a speck.

Attention all third party makers of the OGL and D20 license.

You shall become my new friend, even more.

This is not a jest.
Cowpie Zombie said:

Remove ads