Some maps & artwork from my campaign.

Kris

Adventurer
I've also tinkered with the PHB gods a little (nothing major - just names and flavour text really), and as such I've redrawn some of their holy symbols/emblems:
all_gods.jpg

They are still pretty similar - but I only wanted to include original artwork on my campaign website, and not 'borrow' pieces from other places (to avoid any copyright issues).

And here's some dwarven shield designs:
dwarfshields.jpg

And a marker stone:
roadstone.jpg

Xath

Moder-gator
Kris said:
I've also tinkered with the PHB gods a little (nothing major - just names and flavour text really), and as such I've redrawn some of their holy symbols/emblems:
all_gods.jpg

They are still pretty similar - but I only wanted to include original artwork on my campaign website, and not 'borrow' pieces from other places (to avoid any copyright issues).

I love these so much, you could say I lurve them. Did you do these entirely in photoshop?

Kris

Adventurer
Xath said:
I love these so much, you could say I lurve them. Did you do these entirely in photoshop?
Like most of what I do, the basic shapes are drawn in 'Greenstreet Draw 4' (cheap vector graphics software), and then taken into photoshop (I'm still on version 7) for colouring and various effects & styles. I hope to get round to doing the rest of the gods at some point.

jaerdaph said:
I want to be Kris when I grow up. :)
Whereas I have no intention of ever growing up :)

Kris

Adventurer
pogre said:
Could you talk about how you made the mountains?
I have basically drawn lots of little mountain sections (in the aforementioned vector graphics software - 'Draw 4') that I can piece together to create a number of different looking mountain ranges.

Here's a quick example that shows a couple of mountain sections and how they can laid over the top of one another to make two different ranges.
mountainseg.jpg

I'll admit that drawing all the little mountain sections piece by piece took quite some time... but now that I have a wide selection to play around with, every time I extend the map a little I can usually create a new mountain range by simply rearranging a bunch of sections. (If you look closely at the above map you will see that many of the individual sections have been used several times - but in different arrangements.)

It's also worth mentioning that the style itself is somewhat similar to the maps that used to appear in the old MERP modules (which is where I got my inspiration) ...though mine are nowhere near as good as those.

pogre

Legend
Kris said:
I have basically drawn lots of little mountain sections (in the aforementioned vector graphics software - 'Draw 4') that I can piece together to create a number of different looking mountain ranges.

Here's a quick example that shows a couple of mountain sections and how they can laid over the top of one another to make two different ranges.
SNIP.
Thanks - I appreciate it!

I'm going to break down and redraw my campaign map in the near future - I like the mountains you drew a lot.

Kris

Adventurer
I’ve been thinking about tidying up some of the notes/maps/etc. I made for various adventures/scenarios I ran in my last campaign, and perhaps making a few (free) adventure modules out of them (not that they’ll be all that great - as I probably have the writing skill and style of a potato). Anyway, the reason I mention it is because I thought I’d post a link to the cover that I have made for the first of these:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/front_cover_copy.jpg

Remove ads