Soneillon. Part 1 (Updated 6/15)

And so the plot thickens...

I love this story hour. Seeing it updated really makes my day. Thanks to Sep and his players - may you adventure around Wyre (or lead it into a glorious new age) for many moons to come.

One thing that seems an odd choice - why did Mostin, Eadric, et al, decide to hit Choeth and Djorm rather than Ainhorr? I would have thought that the big A would have been the first target, since not only would he/she/it have been a greater loss for Graz'zt, but now this part of Eadric's strategy is revealed, Ainhorr will be more prepared for such a gambit, and may make replacing his busted sword more of a priority. It would have almost certainly been easier to deal with Ainhorr with the advantage of surprise. Forewarned, he will be a lot harder to deal with...

Darklone

humble minion said:
One thing that seems an odd choice - why did Mostin, Eadric, et al, decide to hit Choeth and Djorm rather than Ainhorr? I would have thought that the big A would have been the first target, since not only would he/she/it have been a greater loss for Graz'zt, but now this part of Eadric's strategy is revealed, Ainhorr will be more prepared for such a gambit, and may make replacing his busted sword more of a priority. It would have almost certainly been easier to deal with Ainhorr with the advantage of surprise. Forewarned, he will be a lot harder to deal with...

I think Ainhorr is prepared nonetheless ... living in the Abyss does this to a demon.

Wouldn't Ainhorr make a nice successor of Grazzt :D?

starwolf

First Post
I believe that they hit Choeth and Djorm because those two were still on the Prime, whereas Ainhorr was already back in the Abyss.
And with the Greater Injunction they would no longer be able to summon him like they did with the prior Balor.

Gez

First Post
Still impressed by the quality of that campaign. That's the kind of manuscript that should be submitted to Wizards, they would have an opportunity to publish a D&D novel several steps above the usual.

shilsen said:
I thought Graz'zt only destroyed the specific succubus that had carried Eadric's message, not Nehael. As in:

"In his fury, he had annihilated the Succubus who had borne him the letter, but it had done nothing to quench his rage."

And then, Eadric turns to Mostin and says "Wait, isn't it Nehael we just summoned and sent back ?"

Nah, don't think so.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I suspect the Big A has 39 HD, Mostin can only summon 24 HD (Greater Planar Binding) or 38? HD (twice his level) with Gate.

It may be that Eadric's vows as a paladin require him to give the demons fair warning before attacking them. Although that didn't seem to apply when summoning and binding Rurunoth... hmm....

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Hail and Well Met, Sep.

I was wondering if it would be possible to post your templates for Exalted and Exemplar....oh, and the rest. I have the ELH and have seen the Paragon template...I guess that is what you used for Eadric?

And...do you use these templates to advance fiends also?

THanks,

BH

Remove ads