• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soneillon. Part 1 (Updated 6/15)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Glee!!! It gets better and better.

And Shomei's tour of selected worlds reminds us how big all this is. Yikes. Hopefully, there are some potential allies out there somewhere...

Rackhir

Explorer
I'll leave off the obligatory ravings about how good the story hour is. I did have one suggestion though for when Sepulchrave II is shopping the story around to get it published. It might be a good idea not to present it as having been a game/campaign "based" story. That sort of origin always seems to taint stories that are sold as such and this story is too good to get dismissed by people on that basis. Besides very little that goes on in the campaign seems to be determined by the system used.

But that's just my two cents.

tleilaxu

First Post
All of my "encouragement posts" will now be in the form of movie one liners... well, at least this one.

"A triumph!"

"The 3/17 update keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end!"

"When I finished reading it I immediately sat down for a second reading: this one has ENnie written all over it"

Suldulin

First Post
tleilaxu said:
All of my "encouragement posts" will now be in the form of movie one liners... well, at least this one.

"A triumph!"

"The 3/17 update keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end!"

"When I finished reading it I immediately sat down for a second reading: this one has ENnie written all over it"

*nods and agrees*

Gez

First Post
Unsurprisingly, this is still excellent. I really like Mostin and his fellows. The passage with the many worlds was great, Saraf reminded me of Inshabiv from Monte Cook's BOEM3. The marilith Alikaba could be a servant of Graz'zt. Also, I like frozen, cursed ghost cities. The theme is poignant, and the nostalgia feel is, for me anyway, heightened by fond memories of the Ice Caverns from Ultima Underworld 2.

blargney said:
ps - btw it's "changing tack", not "changing tact". It's a sailing term... ;)

Unless "tact" was used as an abbreviation of "tactic", maybe ?

tleilaxu

First Post
speculations and loose ends

what was kothchori going to do that jovol prevented?

what happened to mesikammi, che and melancholy?

what other wizards besides mostin, mulissu and shomei recieved gifts from jovol?

which world will the intrepid adventurers visit first?

and some speculation: what do we know about fillien/jovol. first, he was the one who led the effort to imprision grazzt. second, he is a master of oneiromancy. third, assuming "fillien" was a human, he transformed his body or transfered his soul into a ogre magi.

now, look at the gifts we know he has handed out: "grazzt" to mostin. check. the "web of motes" or whatever to mulissu. check. now, what do we know about the silver braclet shomei possesses? Only that it gives her the promise of future greatness. My guess as to its :):):):)ion? It will allow her to transform into a monster! I wonder if Sep has Savage Species :D

Well people, what do you think?

Talix

Explorer
Amazingly good, as usual. 8) I love the expanding scope of the game - so you've conquered one world, huh? Well, what about the infinite others??? :D

BTW, Nwn didn't "span" Ed around, he "spun" Ed around. Other than that, perfection. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads