• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soneillon. Part 1 (Updated 6/15)

Lela

First Post
Jackylhunter said:

And what did she mean when:
------------------------------------------------------
She turned to the Alienist. "Be very sure that you know what you are doing if you open another gate Mostin. You know what I’m speaking of."

Mostin gurgled incoherently.
---------------------------------------------------

Did I miss something?

-Jackylhunter

I thought there might be a problem with Motsin calling in a Balor or Pit Fiend when Solars are present. Then again, it could have something to do with the Far Realm.

But Sep just might have other things up his sleave.

Dakkareth

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
Would it be considered gauche to put odds on the survival of the heroes of Wyre? Because, da-yum, there is a serious amount of whoop-ass headed their way.

How would Oronthon react to the death of the Ahma?

Even true resurrection can't raise outsiders ... and iirc Eadric is considered an outsider as well as divine emissary (or whatever he is).

So it's either Oronthon's intervention or Nwm using some more reincarnations ...

Jumbie

Explorer
That was simply incredible!!

I'm very scared of what that party is going to find themselves facing. Mostin better break out another timestop and pray that that's enough. Actually, I hope that that isn't waht will happen.
By the way, I don't know if I missed it, but what agreement did you guys come to regarding the use of the spell?

That update was worth the wait, but your first sentence caused my heart to drop. Here's to hoping that you find some time to update before too long, but if not, I'll be here waiting for when you do.

Thanks again Sep and don't ever stop writing. You have a gift!

Lela

First Post
Dakkareth said:

Even true resurrection can't raise outsiders ... and iirc Eadric is considered an outsider as well as divine emissary (or whatever he is).

So it's either Oronthon's intervention or Nwm using some more reincarnations ...

He's actually considerd a Native Outsider. This allows him to be Raised and Reserected normally (FRC p. 44, p. 18).

Ciaran

First Post
Jackylhunter said:
Great, great, great, annnnd Great!! Thanks Sep, you just made my week.

Damn, if Shomei survives this, she's gonna get yelled at!!

And what did she mean when:
------------------------------------------------------
She turned to the Alienist. "Be very sure that you know what you are doing if you open another gate Mostin. You know what I’m speaking of."

Mostin gurgled incoherently.
---------------------------------------------------

Did I miss something?

-Jackylhunter
If I recall correctly, Mostin has a phobia of birds. So the feathery-winged solars really freak him out.

- Eric

Lela

First Post
Ciaran said:
If I recall correctly, Mostin has a phobia of birds. So the feathery-winged solars really freak him out.

- Eric

What would that have to do with him opening another Gate though?

Raphael

First Post
Lela said:

What would that have to do with him opening another Gate though?

Well, only the "Mostin gurgled incoherently" part would be due to the bird phobia.

The warning about opening another gate would almost certainly be due to the number of Solars around. Mostin has summoned lots of fiends in the past, which would be a mistake now, since the solars and any summoned fiends would fight each other at the first opportunity.

(Although recently he is moving more towards summoning far-realms monsters, which are not typically fiendish in nature)

F5

Explorer
Raphael said:

(Although recently he is moving more towards summoning far-realms monsters, which are not typically fiendish in nature)

Not fiendish in nature, but just as scary in their own way. I think Shomei (and by Shomei I mean Sep...) saw a very likely possiblity of Mostin getting caught up in panic and phobia and adreneline and Gating in some Paragon Pseudonatural Umbral Pit Fiend of Legend which, in the magic-enhancing realm of Afqithan would eat everyone, and move on to Wyre for desert.

F5

Explorer
Raphael said:

Not fiendish in nature, but just as scary in their own way. I think Shomei (and by Shomei I mean Sep...) saw a very likely possiblity of Mostin getting caught up in panic and phobia and adreneline and Gating in some Paragon Pseudonatural Umbral Pit Fiend of Legend which, in the magic-enhancing realm of Afqithan would eat everyone, and move on to Wyre for desert.

the Jester

Legend
Dakkareth said:

There is a spell for raising outsiders in Defenders of the Faith...

Remove ads