D&D 5E Song of Rest stacking question

guachi

Hero
It's Battle of the Bards! A lute jam session for best Bard in the tri-state area!

If you are going to allow it, make 'em RP it. We have a new-to-RPG Bard in our Adventurers League. He has Vicious Mockery. I'm not the DM, but I told him he should have to verbalize his taunts. The whole table had fun with "Yo' Momma" jokes to a group of Lizard-Men. If the damage roll was a 1 we thought up purposefully stupid taunts but 4 damage (max) brought out the good stuff.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
It's Battle of the Bards! A lute jam session for best Bard in the tri-state area!

As an aside, the group I am running isn't a party of adventurers, it's a band. Even the fighter/barbarian has proficiency in an instrument. Last game they were trying to catch a short rest in a dungeon but had band practice at the same time. Needless to say, they had a couple of random encounters drawn by the noise before they finally shut up... and then they managed that short rest.

On topic, I'm convinced by the general consensus- I was leaning that way already, but I'll tell them tonight that their songs of rest will stack.

Spookymonster

First Post
Temporary HP don't stack. If one source grants 8 THP and another grants 12, then you have either 8 or 12 THP, not 20. PHB p.198.

[edit]
And Song of Rest says nothing about temp HP. Derp. My bad. Nevermind

Last edited:

Ashrym

Legend
I went with the "overlapping magical effects" and let them pick the the largest number rolled, but I don't see any issues with stacking either.

Remove ads