• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soooo... remember Ethan Haas?

Darkwolf71

First Post
You know, 'Ethan Haas was right'? Everyone assumed it was part of the marketing campaign for Cloverfield.

After about a month I gave up on the whole thing. The flavor of the puzzles didn't seem to match what little we knew about CF.

Well, it turns out that, 1-18-08 is also the release date for a new RPG! Alpha Omega. From what I've gathered in a short time, it looks like a dark Scifi/Post-apocolypse Earth setting.

http://www.alphaomegathegame.com/

Interesting website. Looks like they may have a jump on WotC and the DI. At least as far as online character creation/storage. Not 100% sure as that part of the site isn't up yet.

Looks interesting enough, anyone up to speed on this?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Darkwolf71 said:
At least as far as online character creation/storage.

Oddly (or not), Hinterwelt has had that same feature for years now.

[Edit: The AO site is certainly sexy, however.]

Wow, that site is amazingly painful to listen to. I don't care for the animated bits nor would I want to wait for everything to load before viewing the site on a regular basis. Maybe I'm in the same boat as Tetsubo--curious but too impatient with the website's graphics to spend time digging around over there.

Tharian

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Wow, that site is amazingly painful to listen to.
Wait... This site has sound? I really need to start unmuting my speakers... Or not, since I hate when my speakers get taken over as well.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Hmm. I guess I have the benefit of viewing the site over an unobstructed T3 network. Over a T3 it looks awesome (there are no load times). Also, I have no sound enabled on my work PC. Maybe I'll have to look at it again over my measly DSL connection once I get home.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Darkwolf71 said:
You know, 'Ethan Haas was right'?

Well, it turns out that, 1-18-08 is also the release date for a new RPG! Alpha Omega.

Interesting website...
Okay that website looks very cool, although the sound needs to be less intrusive. The game seems to take old religious ideas and alienize them. The artwork looks good, especially for the character races.

The creatures don't look like they live up to the rest of the game, IMO. If that's the best they've got then I'm not impressed.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Site looks cool, but all I heard were mechanical clacks and whirrs.

Can't tell much about the game, though- it took me a while to figure out it wasn't an online game.

Remove ads