• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

sorcerer question regarding chaos power

Anaro

First Post
First, an inane question. Am I blind, or is there no search link for En forums? I looked at the FAQ and know it's supposed to be there, but I just can't find it.

To the sorcerer - I built a drow sorcerer and maxed Cha and Dex, to take advantage of the Chaos Power, but now feel odd using it. Both stats are 18, and my understanding is I should be able to add +4 for a Cha attack and additional +4 for the Chaos Power Dex bonus. I reread the PhB2 entry a number of times thinking there must something more. I was pretty much settled on it being correct, until I saw that my CB sheets didn't show the additional damage.

Thanks in advance for guidance. I wanted to search for this, as I'm sure it's been discussed, but couldn't find the stupid search.

corncob

First Post
First, an inane question. Am I blind, or is there no search link for En forums? I looked at the FAQ and know it's supposed to be there, but I just can't find it.
The search function is for Community Supporters only.

To the sorcerer - I built a drow sorcerer and maxed Cha and Dex, to take advantage of the Chaos Power, but now feel odd using it. Both stats are 18, and my understanding is I should be able to add +4 for a Cha attack and additional +4 for the Chaos Power Dex bonus. I reread the PhB2 entry a number of times thinking there must something more. I was pretty much settled on it being correct, until I saw that my CB sheets didn't show the additional damage.
Make sure you selected Wild Magic in the Spell Source selection and not just Chaos Sorcerer under Build.

Anaro

First Post
I appreciate the response, but yep, Wild Magic selected and yet no bonus damage on arcane spells. I assume from your response that you agree with my math though. Ok, I looked again and it shows +8 damage with my dagger as the implement. Wow, that's some serious striker damage. I had only been looking at the Hit listing which doesn't include the bonus damage, for some reason. Thanks again, for both answers.

Larrin

Entropic Good
as for the search, yahoo (and i assume most others) let you search a specific site for example type in:

chaos sorcerer site:enworld.org/forum/d-d-4th-edition-rules

and you'll get a search of this forum and all instances of sorcerer and chaos...

seems like more people should know this....but relatively few do

Remove ads