• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sos

gray stranger

First Post
Devo, that name rings a bell, not sure why, and how, normally names don't ring bells, they don't have appendages...

(stops waiting for anyone to laugh, then steps silently off the stage)

Jabberwocky

Darth Shoju

First Post
I've always preferred the Pennywise cover of "Tainted Love" myself. I'd also second Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" being better (at least more poigniant [sp?]).

Evil Monkey

First Post
Darth Shoju said:
I've always preferred the Pennywise cover of "Tainted Love" myself. I'd also second Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" being better (at least more poigniant [sp?]).

Apologies for the threadjack...

Pennywise does a cover of Tainted Love? Is it on one of their newer albums (I haven't really listened to anything since Straight Ahead) or is it on a single or something?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Devo, that name rings a bell, not sure why, and how, normally names don't ring bells, they don't have appendages...

Hmmm...where to begin:

Videos were MTV staples, and songs like "We're through being cool" (in the first Heavy Metal movie, but not part of the soundtrack) "Freedom of Choice" and "Whip It" were early standards of the New Wave movement, and covers of the Rolling Stones' "Satisfaction" and the old song, "Workin' in a Coal Mine" were also pretty good. Without them, there wouldn't be as much techno as there is today.

The NIN cover is on the "Supercop" soundtrack (a Jackie Chan movie).

(Completely ignoring the intended humor)

ceratitis

First Post
i confess i'm a music snob. i like originals, i hate most of the new stuff.
to me some music feels like it was made soley for the purpose of making money which unfotunatly includes most modern music and just about everything on MTV.
speaking of MTV did you know the very concept was invented and promoted by peter gabriel when he was the lead singer of genesis? playing progressive rock!
one of the things i find quite offencive is modern rap and R&B music being racist and full of cus words when the original was protest music againt racism.
mmm rant over :)
Z

Darth Shoju

First Post
Evil Monkey said:
Apologies for the threadjack...

Pennywise does a cover of Tainted Love? Is it on one of their newer albums (I haven't really listened to anything since Straight Ahead) or is it on a single or something?

Seems I was mistaken. I've got a punk cover version of Tainted Love but I don't know who is performing on it (I..uh..."found" it on the intertron). I always thought it sounded like Pennywise but Google and their discography on www.vh1.com doesn't show them covering it ever. Not sure who it is in my version but after listening to it again I don't think it is Pennywise. My bad.

:eek:

Remove ads