• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sourcebook for Faerie

Kaji

First Post
I'm sniffing around a new campaign I'm working on for a very Faerie intensive world. I've checked out the stuff on WoTC website (useful) but I was also wondering if there were any decent sourcebooks that tied into this idea that folks had used. Any ideas for material? If this interests you, I expect to be posting in the Game Plot area as well when I have more details or ideas worked out.

Thanks

JPL

Adventurer
Kaji said:
I'm sniffing around a new campaign I'm working on for a very Faerie intensive world. I've checked out the stuff on WoTC website (useful) but I was also wondering if there were any decent sourcebooks that tied into this idea that folks had used. Any ideas for material? If this interests you, I expect to be posting in the Game Plot area as well when I have more details or ideas worked out.

Thanks

Someone has a d20 book called Faeries...it looked overpriced to me.

GURPS Faeries is new, and I've read the playtest files, and it is terrific. All the faerie goodness you'll ever need.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I'm using a lot of Fey material in my new campaign world, and the GURPS Faerie book looks really good from a reference standpoint - I saw it at Games Plus last week and seriously considered buying it for reference sake alone.

The Bastion Faerie book doesn't impress me much, either.

If you check out the Ars Magica Faerie book, you should also take a gander at Black Monks of Glastonbury, which is a dual-statted D20/Ars magica supplement which happens to contain some material on Faerie, and it would also act as a good guide in terms of translating Ars Magica to D20. The authors caution that the D20 material shouldn't be considered a strict conversion, however. Its a great supplement in any case.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Kaji said:

Thanks

PS- in the ENWorld Players Journal #3 there were some neat magic items of Faerie manufacture, and I believe #4 has an article about the Fey realm in the Adventurer's Guide.

Voadam

Legend
I have Mongoose's fey magic and Avalanche's Celtic Fairies and a few other semi-related sourcebooks.

Fey magic seemed a lot of work to redo ranger and druid spells using a fey magic skill, with some neat stuff if you are running a single player who wants to devote themself to the fey, but a little light on the fey world, cosmology, and feel.

Celtic fairies presents a lot of very physically weak (I'm not sure anyone has more than 24 hit points) famous fairies from folklore with a pretty good guide to the arbitrary feel of fairy interactions that felt right but I'm not sure how it would play out.

Mythic Races has a tiny winged fairy race that can go invisible at will that are pretty neat with a little discussion of a fairy world and a dream plane including a dream creature template. They also have a bunch of other races with a pseudo fey feel to them (craftsman gnome like things, boorish short boar men, etc.)

Arcana Unearthed has a good fey race that starts out small but can become winged and tiny by spending a feat after 3rd level.

Joe's book of Enchantment has some fey creatures and related prestige classes.

One of the Asgard(I think that's the title) Magazines had a section on d20 fey stuff.

Kaji

First Post
Dextra said:
PS- in the ENWorld Players Journal #3 there were some neat magic items of Faerie manufacture, and I believe #4 has an article about the Fey realm in the Adventurer's Guide.

I saw that one, just ordered a subscription...

Also, as always thanks for all the great tips. My brain is just exploding with ideas for this campaign right now, need to buy material and get cray making maps...Yahooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove ads