• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

South of Nentir Vale?

Aimon

First Post
Hi.

When I started my current campaign with my sons, I decided to use the Points of Light "setting", but to place it into the Forgotten Realms, since they (my sons) knew that world from the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights games.

I looked for a place that would fit, eventually settling on the area of Sembia, in the Dalelands, since it had some fitting similarities.

For example:
- The [Forgotten Realms] Thunder Peaks would correspond to the [Nentir Vale] Cairngorm Peaks;
- Archenbridge [FR] would correspond to Harkenwold [NV];
- Archwood [FR] would correspond to Harken Forest [NV];
- Arkhen River [FR] would correspond to the Winter River [NV];

When I heard about the expanded map from "Conquest of Nerath", I was a little bit afraid that I might have to disassociate my "world" from the Realms, since it would not fit anymore (however loosely).

Now, however, I am pleased to see that it still fits, somewhat, somewhere in the Sea of Fallen Stars.

Not only that, but there seems to be an eerie semi-symmetry between the Points of Light setting, that area of the Realms, and the area of Oerth mentioned by Alasomorph. (Dragon's Island in Oerth, Dragon Isle in the Realms).

Anyway, just wanted to share this.

Obryn

Hero
Is it just me or does the Conquest of Norrath map bear a striking resemblance to the centre section of Oerth (Greyhawk world map)? The area around Dragons Island

http://www.sodabob.com/roleplay/dnd/Maps/files/tsroerth.gif
I've honestly never seen that particular map before! I'm very used to the Darlene Map, so it was pretty disorienting at first!

Anyway, I don't think they look very similar except in the abstract, "Well, it's a big bay with an island in the middle of it." The geography is pretty different.

-O

Check out today's article, The Seven Kingdoms of Karkoth, for a even better look at the Nerath map than the Sarthel article. Unfortunately, its still too low-res to make out the names, but wait for the Dragon magazine art gallery on the 31st. That should have a better version.
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (The Seven Kings of Karkoth)

Hmm, new project, I'm going to try to take this image, blow it up, print it out and trace it to create an easy to use map where I can update locations on it.

catastrophic

First Post
Thnaks for the link! I haden't actually seen the high res version yet.

So from the look of it, to answer the op, south of the nentir vale/nerath are iron circle lands.

More correctly, it's whatever the GM wants to put there, although having a mpa as refrence can be pretty useful, even if it is sometimes overrated.

Remove ads