EN Publishing SPACE FIGHT! Starship Skirmishes Are Returning And They're All New!

Coming in 2024 in a brand new boxed set!

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 10.58.04 AM.png

A few years ago, we at EN Publishing prototyped a playtest starship combat skirmish game called SPACE FIGHT! The game never got a full release, but that's all changing!

Currently in development is a brand new version of SPACE FIGHT! This starship combat game will come in a beautiful boxed set with full-colour hexagonal cardboard ship counters, a hex map, dice, ship cards, action cards, and a rulebook. Using robust starship tokens, it's designed as a comparatively low cost game, easy to expand, and not requiring expensive miniatures and accessories (although you can choose to use your own miniatures with it if you wish!)

The game has evolved significantly since the early playtest version. It's faster, more fun, and continues to get better with every iteration of the development cycle. We can't wait to share it with you! It features ships from as small as smuggler's freighters and pirate raiders to massive capital ships, exploration vessels, and carriers.

The game focuses on 'naval' style combat in space -- think Star Trek. While it does have starfighters, those operate in squadrons. The game is inspired by starship combat staples like Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and Babylon 5. Not tied to a specific license, SPACE FIGHT! is designed to lovingly emulate your favorite cinematic space battles, whether that be one-on-one duels or skirmishes involving small fleets.

It's a long way off yet -- coming in 2024. But there will be public playtests and the like. And--even though this is not an RPG--we are looking into ways to open it up via an open license so that third parties can contribute to it.

If you want to keep up with news and updates about SPACE FIGHT! sign up to our mailing list! We use this mailing list to share news, previews, special deals, and playtest opportunities. You can opt out at any time.

IMG_9155.jpg

We've been playtesting for some time! These are not the actual game components.

Seems cool! Some of the ship's attribute are the same as those used in N.E.W. Will there be a backport to WOIN or some cross-contamination between the two?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
@Jd Smith1 I know you were looking for space flight/battle rules. I believe you were looking for more realistic rules rather than "naval" or "cinematic" rules, though, so maybe not what you are looking for. Would still be interested in your thoughts.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Concept sounds intriguing. Back in the day I was a huge fan of Pax Imperia and similar games, as well as ship to ship combat in Traveller. Looking forward to learning more about this.

@Jd Smith1 I know you were looking for space flight/battle rules. I believe you were looking for more realistic rules rather than "naval" or "cinematic" rules, though, so maybe not what you are looking for. Would still be interested in your thoughts.
It is interesting, but I only deal in PDFs.

CUrrently, I am looking between Silent Death for small craft combat, and The Expanse for starship rules, or possible both.

GreyLord

Legend
The components...what are they?

The board looks like it could be cardstock?

The Chits look like they could be heavy duty.

Of course, this is the playtest stuff, so the final could be completely different.

About what price point are you guys looking at?

Looks interesting.

Remove ads

Remove ads