[Spaceship Zero] Q-Ship (actually updated 19 May 2007)

Capellan

Explorer
Interlude

Captain Fury, who had been dozing in his chair, awaoke with a sudden shout of alarm.

"Captain? Vat is ze matter?"

"Doc ... it was horrible. I dreamed I was ignored for months on end. No beautiful women to seduce. No hideous aliens to shoot. Not even any daring to do."

"Zere zere, Captain. It's all better now."

If we get to May 27 without an update, that'll be a whole year without one, and I'll be forced to admit that this story hour is just as dead as Piratecat's. Should that happen, you have my permission to mock me.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
The Book of En

Let it be known that whosoever invoketh the name of Piratecat shall draw the Patch-ed Eye, and be visited upon by he before 600 seconds expire!!!

or your money back.

-z

Capellan

Explorer
"Venusian Christmas Carol" - Part 10

Finding himself the centre of attention for the entire Venusian rebel movement, Gustav rapidly moves into exposition mode.

"Look, ever zince I got to zis reality I have been hearing ze humans say ze Venusians started ze war by planting a bomb with ze Kelvor delegation to Mission City –"

"That is a lie!" A Venusian angrily interjects.

"I am talking!" Gustav bellows. Everyone – even the Doctor himself – looks taken aback by the outburst. After a moment's pause, he continues, "I zink we can accept zat zere was a bomb, but zat does not tell us who planted it. And I ask you zis, who would profit most from war between ze humans and ze followers of ze Princess?"

"The Kelvor!" Fury provides the answer to the question.

"Do you have proof this?" The unseen Venusian inquisitor wants to know.

"Proof? Vell, not empirically. But ze theory matches ze testable facts. It is ze most rational explanation."

"We cannot except your claims without proper proof."

"Zen let us return to ze city and get ze proof you need."

"We cannot do that. You are humans, enemies of our people. You have seen our base. We cannot compromise our security by allowing you to leave. The prisoners will be returned to their cells."

Larathra steps forward.

"If I might interject, I think I should point out at this juncture that I'm not human. You can clearly see that, I am sure. I am Larathra of the Sarathi, and therefore I am not your enemy, I am merely a neutral observer –" Larathra cuts off with a squawk as two of the Venusian guards grab her by the arms and lead her away. "- you can't do this to me! I claim the rights of a non-combatant! Intergalactic law dictates –"

As Larathra's voice fades into the distance, Gustav sighs.

"I am starting to understand why Captain Fury is always yelling at me."

The screen dissolves into a scene of Fury, Gustav and Larathra back in their cell.

"I hope zey do not damage Archie." Gustav frets.

"I think that's the least of our worries, Doc." Fury answers. He grabs the bars of the cell and tests their strength, his muscles bunching impressively but uselessly as he does so. "No way out here, and I don't hold much hope of the Princess being able to talk those 'followers' of hers around."

"Diplomacy is not one of my skills." S'Ondra agrees as she appears out the shadows, a knife in her hand. "Fortunately for you, knocking out guards and freeing prisoners is an area where I have a lot of experience."

"Princess? Is this wise ... if your people find out you could be in a lot of trouble -"

"Commander, I am already in a lot of trouble. But you are in far worse." S'Ondra begins sawing at the thorny Venusian vines that hold the cell door shut, "I overheard some of the officers talking. Keeping you alive is too big a risk. They're planning an 'accident' for you three. There's only one thing we can do -"

"Get out of here and get proof of what the Kelvor did." Fury nods as the vines finally snap and the cell door swings open. "Come on Doc, it's time to put a stop to this war."

Remove ads