• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Delivery OOC Thread

Animus

Explorer
Hello all,

After a 6 month lay off, dealing with the aftermath of a natural disaster, and a relocation, I am ready and eager to get back into PbP! Here's the details:

Special Delivery

The gnome patron told you that this package is to be delivered to his cousin in Trolanport. He sure did pay you pretty well for delivering this package, but what is in this box that is so special? Why are there magical protections on it? And just who wants this so bad that he entrusts your ragtag bunch to deliver it? Well, he did pay you pretty well after all.

An Eberron one-shot, and possible mini-campaign.

- D&D 3.5 (Core Books, ECS, Player's Guide to Eberron, UA, Races and Complete Series, other Eberron content on a case by case basis)
- Point Buy system (32): No more than ONE (1) 18, before adjustments
- Starting Level 3: no races with LA greater than +1
- 3000 gp starting wealth (no item greater than ~1200 gp)
- Nonevil alignments
- Weapon groups
- Invisible Castle dice rolling
- DM updates Mo-Wd-Fr by 11:59 pm EDT
- Final Characters subject to approval
- Rogue Gallery Thread is here for Special Delivery.
- In Character thread is here.
- As a houserule, Spot and Listen are rolled into one skill (Notice), Hide and Move Silently as well (Stealth).
- There is no Open Lock skill, that will fall under Disable Device, because well, a lock is a device.
- I am using a revamped version of Diplomacy. See it here.
- HP above first is 1/2 hit die +1 (so 3 for d4, 4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12).
- More details TBD.

Player Roster:
Strahd VZ (githzerai monk - approved :), char approved)
nonamazing (kalasthar healer, char approved)
Velmont (changeling warlock, char approved)
Nero Kingsley (warforged fighter, char approved)
mcnathan80 (kalashtar bard, char approved)
sukael (shifter druid)

Last edited:

sukael

First Post
So, having had the chance to now look through my books and such, I'm considering a completely different route than my original thoughts. Is there any chance you'd allow the Psychic Theurge? If so, I'm thinking a sea kin* cloistered cleric** 3, eventually aiming at getting 3 levels of ardent*** and then going into psychic theurge.

* in Races of Destiny, a sort of semi-acquatic human offshoot
** in Unearthed Arcana, cleric with less armor/weapon proficiencies, worse BAB, and more spells
*** in Complete Psionic, a sort of domain-based psion

EDIT: Oh, and one more question, before I go finish a character and stop bugging you ;) Would the Dragon Prophesier series of feats in Magic of Eberron be acceptable to use?

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
So, having had the chance to now look through my books and such, I'm considering a completely different route than my original thoughts. Is there any chance you'd allow the Psychic Theurge? If so, I'm thinking a sea kin* cloistered cleric** 3, eventually aiming at getting 3 levels of ardent*** and then going into psychic theurge.

** in Unearthed Arcana, cleric with less armor/weapon proficiencies, worse BAB, and more spells

Let me think on it. I'll get back to you tommorrow.

EDIT: Oh, and one more question, before I go finish a character and stop bugging you ;) Would the Dragon Prophesier series of feats in Magic of Eberron be acceptable to use?[/QUOTE]

Same answer as above.

Animus

Explorer
Announcement regarding books allowed

Guys,

A clarification, and edit (and if this complicates things, I apologize). I have decided that the XPH is kosher, as well as Complete Psionic. This will make some of you happy I know.

Animus

Explorer
sukael said:

EDIT: Oh, and one more question, before I go finish a character and stop bugging you ;) Would the Dragon Prophesier series of feats in Magic of Eberron be acceptable to use?

After thinking about it, you can go ahead with your character concept. Please post your character in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

Animus

Explorer
OK all,

The first IC post for the game is right here. Please make your way there and get this party started :).

Nero Kingsley,

Please post your character in the Rogue's Gallery Thread.

sukael,

I know you just got approval for your concept, but since this first part is RP, I figure I'd get started anyway. No pressure, but could you get your character done by Wednesday evening? Thanks.

Last edited:

sukael

First Post
Animus said:
sukael,

I know you just got approval for your concept, but since this first part is RP, I figure I'd get started anyway. No pressure, but could you get your character done by Wednesday evening? Thanks.

Sure. The sheet's almost finished now, so with a description and working at the weapon groups, I should have it posted sometime tomorrow (Tuesday).

Animus

Explorer
Does it matter what color we use for IC, or OOC dialogue?, also can we just assume that for most skills outside of combat or unless otherwise specified I'll take 10 and give the result in a statblock. Finally, I see we're using invisable castle dice roller, what is our group name under? Is there anything else we need to know?

- I prefer you chose a color and stick to it for IC talking stuff. Otherwise, OOC stuff should be handled in this thread if at all possible.

- And this goes for everyone. In these RP sections, I'm assuming that you're taking 10 for skills unless you call for a roll (like Diplomacy or Knowledge, etc.). When calling for a roll try to give some IC flavor to it. It'll make the game that much more fun.

- As far as rolls go, I will take care of situations where you at least 4 people will roll (initiative, notice to avoid surprise, group saving throws). That will make things easier for me so I won't have to wait on everybody for rolls. If I need rolls from 3 or less people (like attack and damage), you can do it.

- As far as updating goes, I will stick to my MWF schedule. If you don't post by the time I start my posts (which I promise will not be before 8 pm that day) I will NPC you if need be. I'm going to try to push this game so we can get through this and to a campaign if possible.

That is all :).

Remove ads