D&D (2024) Speculation on the next UA in April

Okay so far we have backgrounds, most races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Dragonborn, Goliaths, Orcs, Tieflings), some feats and spells, various rules glossaries, the Bard, Rogue, Ranger, Druid, Cleric, Paladin released as playtests, and alot of these went well enough I that they might not reappear in another playtest, although they get tweeks.

And I believe we know the Warrior class group will be next to be released along with new weapon rules, and likely new feats, and rules glossary. But we also know this will be a chunker packet, so could they also add the Mage class group or more polished version of experts as well?

Could we be getting more races now that the Ardling is out? Aasimar and/or Gobliniods?

New spells seem unlikely unless Mage classes get released as well. Maybe an updated Find Familiar and Find Steed tweaked.

Any chance at Bastion rules?

Anything I might have missed?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't think wild shape is going well enough. I hope to see a re-do for druids.

I think all the other playtest classes are better than their 2014 versions.

But yea, warriors next.
I am convinced that we will see a Druid redo, but not in April.

It's likely that we'll see some revised feats (in particular the "missing' Epic Boons, and perhaps some other revised repeats from the previous UAs.

Bastions would be great, and I don't think it matters if they're PHB or not, but we might have to wait for awhile on them.

I'm eager for Monsters (I'd like a complete overhaul on the stat-block design, but that might just be me).

OH! We will finally get to see what they plan to do to differentiate weapons, as that will be a must for the Warrior group. I'm curious about that.

I don't think wild shape is going well enough. I hope to see a re-do for druids.

But yea, warriors next.

I think that will come later, they need to collect all the data before making changes to the Druid. Although I'm not convinced that Druid will be all the unpopular yet.

But yea, warriors next.

I think that will come later,
I am convinced that we will see a Druid redo, but not in April.

It's likely that we'll see some revised feats (in particular the "missing' Epic Boons, and perhaps some other revised repeats from the previous UAs.

Bastions would be great, and I don't think it matters if they're PHB or not, but we might have to wait for awhile on them.

I'm eager for Monsters (I'd like a complete overhaul on the stat-block design, but that might just be me).

OH! We will finally get to see what they plan to do to differentiate weapons, as that will be a must for the Warrior group. I'm curious about that.

Bastions being in the PHB rather then DMG matters to when it will be released for playtesting, they aren't playtesting DMG and MM stuff until after the PHB playtests, so if it's in the PHB, then it could very likely be in the next play test packet.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bastions being in the PHB rather then DMG matters to when it will be released for playtesting, they aren't playtesting DMG and MM stuff until after the PHB playtests, so if it's in the PHB, then it could very likely be in the next play test packet.

I get that, but I'm not sure that it has to be a hard-and-fast rule? But yeah, they might just wind up in the PHB anyhow, in particular if they are part of a new (much hoped for by me!) equipment section.

I get that, but I'm not sure that it has to be a hard-and-fast rule? But yeah, they might just wind up in the PHB anyhow, in particular if they are part of a new (much hoped for by me!) equipment section.

I'm just going on what they said, the possibility they might be equipment is interesting. Personally I see them as extra additional optional way of character advancement, including beyond 20th level, to keep epic levels interesting without breaking the game.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Okay so far we have backgrounds, most races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Dragonborn, Goliaths, Orcs, Tieflings), some feats and spells, various rules glossaries, the Bard, Rogue, Ranger, Druid, Cleric, Paladin released as playtests, and alot of these went well enough I that they might not reappear in another playtest, although they get tweeks.

And I believe we know the Warrior class group will be next to be released along with new weapon rules, and likely new feats, and rules glossary. But we also know this will be a chunker packet, so could they also add the Mage class group or more polished version of experts as well?

Could we be getting more races now that the Ardling is out? Aasimar and/or Gobliniods?

New spells seem unlikely unless Mage classes get released as well. Maybe an updated Find Familiar and Find Steed tweaked.

Any chance at Bastion rules?

Anything I might have missed?
I think the Warriors, related Feats, weapons, maybe armor and equipment, and presumably some rules glossary changes will be plenty “chunky.” I doubt we’ll see any of the mage classes yet, and I doubt we’ll see second passes at any classes before we’ve seen first passes at all of them.

Remove ads