Spell: Benign Transposition (Aproved)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
The extra damage thing with the lance would be tricky to pull off, unless both the lance wielder and the person swapped with were mounted on similar steeds. The horse won't move, and extra damage with a lance is only for a mounted charge unless I am greatly mistaken.
Yep, I assumed they were both mounted.

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
Well the easy (delayed) out is that if you can't say what other book it's in (there are some SC only spells), SC isn't up for vote yet since it's not been out 6 months.

Did some research. Seems it first appeared in the Miniature's Handbook, which I don't have....

Ferrix

Explorer
The spell has a few good uses and is not always useful compared to other 1st level spells being more commonly useful. I don't think the flavor reason stands other than if you agree with the premise that transportation magic should be always high level and powerful. I was incredibly happy to see a low-level, useful transportation spell that wasn't game breaking and made complete sense for a wizard to research.

It is even understandable why it is easier to do in the sense that you are switching locations, rather than just moving yourself. A notion of balance easily comes out of it. It's much easier to do something with a trade than just giving yourself something.

Another in-game explanation, for this and other spells that seem like they might be higher- or lower-level thaumaturgy than their level indicates, is to simply say that certain outer-planar powers-that-be, for reasons unknown, either sponsor the casting of certain spells more easily than should otherwise be, or, for equally inscrutable reasons, hamper the operation of some spells to which they object.

Bront

The man with the probe
If I can get my hands on a copy to look at, I'd be inclined to probably vote it in then. It realy doesn't sound too bad, and I can live with the text effects.

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
If I can get my hands on a copy to look at, I'd be inclined to probably vote it in then. It realy doesn't sound too bad, and I can live with the text effects.

Sent one to your email for review. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Interesting, if you're carrying your familiar, he won't go with you, as it's specificly stated, so there are some different flaws in the spell.

I'd be willing to aprove it.

Patlin

Explorer
*cough*

Just pointing out that no one's actually cast a vote on this one. Are we hoping for more discussion first?

Remove ads