D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Kid spotted Nia and waved to her. He couldn't help but to say something. "Hey, pretty lady. There's pretty ladies all 'round, today, seems." He was quiet a moment. "I'm lucky." Kid looked at Barrington. "Yer lucky, too, cap'n." He winked at James. Badly. Then he tripped. Spotting Etienne at Nia's side, Kid blinked. "You ain't no lady. An' yer not pretty, neither."

peterka99

First Post
You ain't no lady. An' yer not pretty, neither."[/color]

Etienne smiles... And pretends not seeing the boy is drunk. It seems this is the first time this kid see a real Northerner.

"I"m sorry i"m no pretty Lady, lad. I came from Far North, back from the deep forests. But I know open Sea as well, having served in my country Navy.

I see that you wonder what I smell... I assume you don 't know pine pitch smell ? This is better smelling that usual tar and more efficient for ships. I'm not a Bear, even if I look alike. I assure you I take baths as often I can."

He then attempts an hand-shake:

"I'm Etienne Rougeau; that means "the Red"!
And what is your name, young friend ?"

Last edited:

Kid stuck out a sweaty palm. The Caribbean sun was heating up, and he was hot with drink. "I'm Kid. What's pine pitch?" The boy amused himself by making conversation with Etienne while the five of them walked together to collect the funds to complete the purchase of the cannon.

peterka99

First Post
He continues with Kid:

"Pine are trees growing in the north. You gather the sap and process it to turn to pitch.

I guess you never visited a forest ? Or swam in the sea ?"

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Katerina gave Nia a quick glance, she must have picked up the trader from earlier for a reason. She tried to prop up Kid without making it obvious to him she was helping out.

"No Señor, I do not think you'll find many around here who have seen forests up North. Are you down here on our beautiful Island just to trade your wares?"

Last edited:

peterka99

First Post
"No Señor, I do not think you'll find many around here who have seen forests up North. Are you down here on our beautiful Island just to trade your wares?"

He turns to the captain and softly answered, to avoid eavesdropping.

"In the Illinois forests, west of New York Colony, I found the white buffalo skin I mentioned earlier. It is a potent way to end the curse of the ship you would acquire. I already took on me from my own purse to identify the potency of the hide and would like to offer it as my own contribution to your expedition.

I apologized I eavesdrop a little bit and overhear about La Gloriosa. I can bring on the skin, a few scores of pounds to buy medical and navigation wares. I served in the French Navy as a barber, first mate and temporary lieutenant. I'm proud to be quite good at every task. I would like to finance a little the expedition and join it myself as a crewman under you if you please."

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Katerina stopped short, her accent heavy as she spoke through between gritted teeth, "Is there ANYONE who does NOT know what we are up to??" She sighed exasperatedly and shook her head.

Gathering herself, she put a smile on her face then started walking again. "Señor Rougeau , I appreciate your foresight into our dilemma. You've spoken with my friend Nia," she waved towards the witch woman. "I believe she's mentioned that your possession would be helpful to us. Follow along and we will see what we shall do with you."

"Hangonaminute. I gotta do something." Kid lurched to the right, out of Katerina's grip. He yakked in a nearby hibiscus, then righted himself. Wiping vomit from his mouth with the back of his hand, the boy grinned. "Better." Kid straightened, and made to walk beside Etienne. "Mister, I wanna see this skin you got. But later, yeah?"

Quickleaf

Legend
The walk up the hill in the midday Nassau sun in weltering, causing you to sweat profusely. It's little wonder so many of the scallywags and privateers, not to mention the common citizens, wear lightweight cotton and linen. The white-washed walls of the Colonial Hotel reveal their slight pink hue and faint cracks in the stucco. Outside, a lean black man beats a rug while several laughing English women gather flowers that cluster around the hotel's perimeter.

Badouin, the thick-browed brown-skinned agent of du Tourbillon's, finds you at the wide shaded arch entry into the Hotel's courtyard. He smiles broadly, extinguishing a small cigarette under heel. "Ah, nanparkal! You will find Monsieur du Tourbillon under the veranda enjoying lunch. Shall I fetch some hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and tea for you?" Walking with you into the courtyard, he nods politely to Kid and Etienne who he has not met yet. To Barrington he gives a welcoming handshake. "Mr. Barrington! Good to have you back," Badouin says in his thick Tamil sing-song accent.

From under the shaded veranda, du Tourbillon notices your party's approach and raises his tea cup politely, acknowledging you and inviting you over. He appears to be chatting with an French woman in a formal pale white and purple dress complete with a wide white summer hat and veil.

Remove ads