• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Queenie

Queen of Everything
edit: Switching devices, it didn't post the first part of my post.

Kat winced as Kid puked into the bushes. "We have to work on that," she said quietly, making a note to herself. Once he was done and proved okay, she said in a stern voice. "Let's go Boy, can't have you slowing up down. We've got business to attend to." She waited for him to be back with the small group before proceeding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katerina stopped short of the formal luncheon. She might be as far from a lady as they come, but she did know it wouldn't do to go asking for money after interrupting the man's lunch.

"Good afternoon," she said pleasantly while staring at the veiled lady. "Perhaps now is not a good time?"

Last edited:

OOC: Uh. What is there in the room or on the person of Badouin, du Tourbillon, or the lady in lavender that is bejeweled, gold, or shiny? Anything minute or small enough to purloin?

Shayuri

First Post
Nia holds her tongue for the moment, merely nodding at the mention of the skin. It would indeed be valuable. She had a notion that such a thing would at the least gain the djab's attention. It could potentially even take the spirit into itself and imprison it. Of course, it would then become potentially a very dangerous thing. Containing the skin safely would be something they'd need to plan for. And if the spirit ever escaped...oh dear.

Some care would have to be taken, but such risks had rewards as well.

Seeing du Tourbillon soured her mood a little.

"Do we have furdder business wit him?" Nia asked Kat in a low voice. "Dere are preparations to make, and we should return to de odders to begin."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Stepping in close to Nia, she kept her voice soft as she replied. "I absolutely agree with you, and do not think we should have everyone here for this. I need to get some funds for Barrington, he's gone and purchased some cannon for our ship and needs to take care of it eminently. Perhaps you want to take the others outside to wait on me?" Her eyes flicked over the group. "Not back to the house just yet, I do not know if that is safe."

Kat looked the woman in the eyes. "Only you know what must be done. But if it requires strength, we must consider both you and I have been up a very long time. Should we rest before attempting whatever it is we must do?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
To Barrington he gives a welcoming handshake. "Mr. Barrington! Good to have you back," Badouin says in his thick Tamil sing-song accent

"Indeed," says Barrington, standing tall in his uniform. He feels the heat, but if he perspires it has not yet soaked through his coat. "I'm quite pleased to be here. And who is this?"

From under the shaded veranda, du Tourbillon notices your party's approach and raises his tea cup politely, acknowledging you and inviting you over. He appears to be chatting with an French woman in a formal pale white and purple dress complete with a wide white summer hat and veil.

At the hint of an invitation, Barrington walks over. His heels click together in respect to du Tourbillion, and he nods curtly. Then he turns to the woman at the table, and makes an exaggerated bow, removing his hat with a flourish while keeping his other hand on the pommel of his sabre. "James Barrington, milady. At your service." He smiles rakishly.

[section]Kid smiled at Etienne's ditty, but the boy's eyes darted here and there around the room. There was treasure here; Kid could practically smell it. Rich folks like the Frenchie and the fine lady in lavender and cream always had a trinket or two on their person. Kid felt his finger tips twitch. He needed something to replace the gold watch he'd returned to Barrington. All he had right now was the Aztec coin, and, well...it wasn't an item one could fondle to find reassurement. He eyed a gold waterclock on a side table by the portico. No, too big. The Frenchie had brass buttons on his waistcoat, but they were probably sewn on and would prove too tricky to remove. The lady had earrings, though. Those might do. Kid's eyes continued to sweep the room.[/section]

peterka99

First Post
OOC: CB, do you really want Kid to do it or otherwise Etienne may prevent him to steal... I can give him a trinket myself.

Last edited:

OOC: I want [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] to tell me what kind of trinkets there are in the room, and then I'll decide. Kid has an ill fortune (Obsessed with Treasure) that I suspect may come into play here. Maybe not...it would certainly make things easier if Kid didn't get busted trying to five-finger discount an item from du Tourbillon.

Quickleaf

Legend
Despite clearly wishing to keep the venture quiet as long as possible, du Tourbillon seems to be uncharacteristically relaxed around the young woman in the lavender dress. "Au contraire, del Corazon, please make yourselves comfortable. I may have taken over the courtyard with my maps, but rest assured I make no special claim to the Colonial Hotel. Le Caribe is about as accepting of my constitution as I am of its heat and damp!" He rises to welcome Katerina and the others, leaning in to discretely whisper in the Spanish woman's ear, "Discretion, please." As he turns, Kid notices the silver chain spanning the side of the Frenchman's austere black vest, and disappearing into the folds, most likely to a money purse.

Turning to face Barrington, the Frenchwoman lifts her veil revealing a face straight out of one of Michelangelo's or Ruben's paintings. There is a classical beauty to the young woman and a sharp intelligence in her eyes. She smiles demurely, glancing at the others behind the rakish Barrington, "Aurelie Lacombe. Très heureuse! (a pleasure) Monsieur Barrington, it would seem that we have something in common. We both are not who we say we are..." With a mischievous glint in her eye, she holds Barrington's gaze, offering her hand for him to kiss. "I mean of course that you appear to be a rogue, yet you present yourself as a gentleman. I appear to be a proper French lady yet I am in Nassau. I wonder how else alike we are?" There's something unsettling in her smirk, something distinctly exposing, knowing, that James Barrington hasn't encountered for many years.

As everyone seats themselves, Kid can't help but notice the exquisite feather with a silver anchor clasp in Aurelie Lacombe's hat, and he also notices wrapped around one wrist is a set of beads fashioned of lapis lazuli. And, of course, the earrings - a delicate trace of silver and pearl hanging from her masterpiece lobes.

(( she looks like this, albeit with different attire ))
Girl_with_a_Red_Hat_1688.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads