• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spell Jammer stuff.

BlackJaw

First Post
Ok, a couple of things here. I'll put any changes in italic and comments under the feat.
Child of the Sky

The blood of an Intelligent Aerial creature flows in your veins

Somewhere in the past you had an ancester who was a member of an Aerial species. [insert ability based on air genasi or something similar]

Special you may only take this feat at first level
cool idea, but not sure what power to give them. I had some ideas about an inherent featherfal, but that's to powerful for a feat. Seeing as creatures that fly naturaly get +10 tp pilot checks (a rule barrowed from swimming creatures) I might give them a pilot bonus... or we give them a bonus to stunt checks, or maybe even an inshight bonus to AC when flying (insight bonuses on a pilot apply to a vehicle) or something else...

new name for foretop'smen Rope Walker.
Rope Walker

From the experience earned over long hard voyages you have learned to walk ropes at times when others would fail.

Prereq: Use rope 4 ranks

Benefit: When the character takes this feat they gain the ability to take 10 on Balance and climb checks when on a vehicle, even in combat. Also this feat allows the Character to move at their normal speed while climbing, or walking the ropes.

great for those vehicles with rigging, or when space walking, etc. I though it was a bit to much to let them have the power to take 10 at any time. the power should be limited to vehicles. The ability to take 10 on a skill check in combat is powerful, often a mid to high level PrC power. Limiting it to vehicles keeps it from being used in dungeon and the like.

Fast action strike (Lunge)

You have learned to take advantage of fast footed manuevers to surprise your foe's in the turmoil of boarding actions.

Prereq Dex+13

benefit: Instead of the normal 5' ft after combat move, a character who takes this feat gains the ability to strike at an opponent in a blurring attack. When attacking in this manner the
Player receives a -2 to hit, and a -4 to damage. However
the target of this ability is considered partially flat footed while the attack is occuring because of this they get a -2 to their AC during the manuever. A character who uses this feat's ability is not subject to any AoO that would normally apply to a 5' move
This more or less gives a rogue a free sneak attack when he forgoes a 5' step. Things to note: 5 steps only happen when a character does not otherwise move. there are no 5' steps in a normal Move + attack round, or in charages etc. 5' steps happen most often with full attack otpions. The 5' step can take place at many points in combat, not just after the attack as well. Balence wise this feat is too useful. Every rogue would want it for combat as it lets them make a sneak attack, even againts targets that would otherwise not be open to it, and they don't even have to use up any other attacks they might have to do it. Its also reminds me a lot of extra attack feats from Sword and Fist, and Song and Silence... those feats have been errated more times then you can shake a pointed stick at. They are hard to use correctly, poorly written, etc. I wouldn't let any of them in my game, not even for NPCs.

Sidran

First Post
I Like the way you handled the rope walker feat. About the feat ability for Child of the Sky I was thinking something that would help the character while in the air. Such a + 2 to Ref, saves or something similar I will look it up.

Any other feat Ideas

Remove ads