• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spell Turning

hong

WotC's bitch
Spell turning turns a spell back on its caster. In this case, the caster is the wizard himself, so spell turning wouldn't have any effect.

DizzyKungFu

First Post
But if the effect is turned back on the caster, doesn't it generate the resonating thing (because the caster also has a Spell Turning)? Do you see my confusion? Can someone help, please?

Magic Rub

First Post
I would play it 1 of 2 ways

1. Like SR, the caster can ignore the Spell turning in the case of casting spells on him/her self. But that would not be the case from any other source (meaning all other friendly magic would be turned - be it from fellow party members or NPC's).

2. Use the resonating field chart.

Either is good, it's all in how the DM want's to play it. Personally I would use the second option, I like the planning aspect of it. The caster would only make that mistake once. ;)

Cloudgatherer

First Post
For practical reasons, if I were DM, I'd say the spell would work fine.

However, from a mechanical standpoint, the spell would be bounced back to yourself. This does *cost* 3 levels of spell turning, if you are using the spell.

Remove ads