Spelljammer Spelljammer setting Unlocks on the DMsGuild 8/16!

Let me add one thing: I get it. Plenty of people don't care for PDFs. You don't have to convince me of this. Please, all of you PDF haters, just don't try to tell us who like them (however few we might be) that we're somehow wrong and we don't know what's good for us...
But it's easy enough to convert any file format to a PDF if you get the urge, so I don't understand why it's such a deal breaker for some people.

darjr

I crit!
But it's easy enough to convert any file format to a PDF if you get the urge, so I don't understand why it's such a deal breaker for some people.
Yes, getting a PDF is easy.

Getting a good or even barely functioning PDF begins to get harder and harder.

For instance I can print DMsGuild articles to pdf but deep ones forbid I ever have to use it for anything other than a backup on disk.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
So what is allowed if it unlocks?

Darksun?

Birthright?

Just about every setting from D&D 1e through 2e as Spelljammer supposedly connected almost all of them?
I would assume that, like other settings released on DM's Guild, it would be the things in the book that they just published and then any new stuff you care to add to it. And I believe that the stuff under the same brand from previous editions you can use as well. But it's not going to unlock all of the D&D worlds at once. It's Spelljammer not D&D Multiverse that's being allowed for publication on DM's Guild.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
A print conversion of a PDF does not include a table of contents, and the formatting usually is awful. A PDF is actually formatted like a book, which is what I like to read on my tablet.

But this argument has been had by the same people in multiple threads over just this summer alone. Folks can we leave it off here and actually use this thread to talk about DM's Guild and Spelljammer please? Please?

Yes, getting a PDF is easy.

Getting a good or even barely functioning PDF begins to get harder and harder.

For instance I can print DMsGuild articles to pdf but deep ones forbid I ever have to use it for anything other than a backup on disk.
So leave it as a web page. PDFs look crappy no matter who does it.

Remove ads