• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Shows Up In The Wild - Check Out The Tables of Contents

Copies of Spelljammer are starting to show up. Mike Long of Tribality is in receipt of the books and has tweeted some photos!

Copies of Spelljammer are starting to show up. Mike Long of Tribality is in receipt of the books and has tweeted some photos!

2.jpeg

052C4CBE-625B-4E6A-8005-D549BB9BC634.jpeg

31C64296-9C83-406C-B915-BA6C3305CE25.jpeg

1.jpeg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think I'm starting to like this method of organizing books. I honestly felt it was something of a cash-grab, with the total page count the same (or less) than the "regular" 5e hardcovers, but I think based on these ToCs that these books look tight. Well organized (organization is a thing that's plagued D&D for a very long time!) and interesting. The price-point is not cheap, but at least it's not just an MSRP raise, but a format change.

I wonder how things will look going forward.

For example: Are we going to get the standard 3 core, PHB, MM, DMG for the 50th, or a group of smaller, better organized folios? If any time has been the time to throw away the traditional way of doing things, NOW might very well be that time.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Hmm, the reigar only have one statblock, with no stats for their lakshu or shakti. I wonder if those have been turned into mini-templates or just ignored.

And I wonder if ancient solar dragons shrink the way they did in 2e.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I really hope they don't gimp Zodar down to CR 6 or something like they've done to other powerful monsters. I liked what they were in the old spelljammer.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A lot of Athasian critters in the bestiary! And the contents of the adventure book shows the party going to Doomspace (which was labeled as "Athasspace" in the picture on the since-edited D&D Beyond article) and has references to fighting in arenas.

In other words, Dark Sun confirmed! Sort of...
Ray Winninger said some time back that 2022 would see two full returns toClassic Settings, and a Classic Setting cameo. Pretty sure this is the cameo.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think I'm starting to like this method of organizing books. I honestly felt it was something of a cash-grab, with the total page count the same (or less) than the "regular" 5e hardcovers, but I think based on these ToCs that these books look tight. Well organized (organization is a thing that's plagued D&D for a very long time!) and interesting. The price-point is not cheap, but at least it's not just an MSRP raise, but a format change.

I wonder how things will look going forward.

For example: Are we going to get the standard 3 core, PHB, MM, DMG for the 50th, or a group of smaller, better organized folios? If any time has been the time to throw away the traditional way of doing things, NOW might very well be that time.
Price increases would have to happen eventually anyways, they haven't changed MSRP since 2014. But yeah, these tables of contents are promising that these will be tight and usable game objects.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads