• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spells on index cards...

Paradigm

First Post
KnowTheToe said:
The problem with the purchased cards is the cost and durability. As a player, I don't like to tote aroud too much, I already bring a large mini case and a battlemat. I throw my spell cards in a binder clip an put them in a pocket of my bag. Over time the corners will get wrecked. I also think $25 is a steep price, for $12-15 it would be a no brainer purchase for me. It is a great idea and I hope they are successful.

I would love to charge $15 for these, but sadly that is truly impossible. We would have to run them in something akin to 100,000 lot runs, which would be 360,000,000 cards.

But if you were to compare the cost of Spell Decks to the cost of the card stock and ink to run them on an ink jet (60 sheets in color), you will find our cards to not only be more durable, but not any more expensive.

Paradigm

First Post
Bagpuss said:
How does Paradign Concepts get away with the Mastery of the Mind set? As far as I'm aware Psionics are in the SRD, at least not at the Wizards site.

I'm also curious as to what books there spell cards cover, as they have 300+ cleric and paladin spells listed is that only from the PHB?

What names do they use for the IP spell's like Melf's Acid Arrow?

Psionics are Open Content.

The Spell Decks cover the PHB, Codex Arcanis and Forged in Magic and go on to cover additional OGC from some other titles, the OGL does not grant permission to use other titles as advertising even if you include them in your product.

If you wish to know what other publications appear within, view the section 15 on the exterior of our product.

Paradigm

First Post
Bagpuss said:
Do you think what THIS neglects to tell you is the back of each card has the OGL written in 4pt font?

The OGL is certainly not on each card and there is no requirement of such. As it is, the spells often fill both sides of the card.

dorfen

First Post
Bah, mmpog.net removed the spell card files after i had half of them downloaded. Is there any other place they are hosted? I've been searching but no luck so far.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Paradigm said:

I would love to charge $15 for these, but sadly that is truly impossible. We would have to run them in something akin to 100,000 lot runs, which would be 360,000,000 cards.

But if you were to compare the cost of Spell Decks to the cost of the card stock and ink to run them on an ink jet (60 sheets in color), you will find our cards to not only be more durable, but not any more expensive.

I know, I do not think we are being raked over the coals. The price is probably more than fair. If you compare it to other games that have a comparable amount of cards it is in the same ball park. I would be more inclined to purchase them if I did not travel to game, but since I do, they would get damaged and lost.

I saw a demo/open set at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect and they are very nice.

Sam

First Post
Has anyone had any success printing Dr. Midnight's cards on an HP LaserJet 1100? I've tried a number of different setttings, and I can't seem to get the print output correct.

I've done similar things in MS Word, with a custom page size, but I can't seem to adjust the page properties in Acrobat with the LJ1100.

Does anyone know what an equivalent envelope size would be?

I'd much rather use Dr. Midnight's cards (as they're already done, and I like the vertical layout he used on a number of cards to prevent overflow to a second / back card) than redo the work in MS Word, but if I can't get them to print, I guess I'll have to....

Remove ads