SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE - Official Trailer

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm not particularly a fan of Spider-Man as a character (though also not a hater), but everything about this looks to be huge fun, and the complex, modern visual style is absolutely fantastic. The vast majority of animated movies totally fail to make use of the medium, and instead just emulate either filmed movies, or earlier animated movies, but in 3D, both of which seem, to me, a hideous waste and a failure of imagination.
I had no interest in seeing the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, but I was delighted to see that someone had come out of Spider-Verse and said "hey, can't we do something more interesting with our animation style, too?"

Not only is Spider-Verse the best superhero movie (come at me!), but it's also making other movies better by its existence.

(The ooze joke is terrible, though. Secret of the Ooze is 32 years old and not a reference the target audience will get in a million years.)

Undrave

Legend
I had no interest in seeing the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, but I was delighted to see that someone had come out of Spider-Verse and said "hey, can't we do something more interesting with our animation style, too?"
That's what happened with 'Bad Guys' and the latest Puss in Boots movie. Even The Mitchell VS the Machines has its own flare.

Andvari

Hero
I thought the first one was alright, but I think I'll skip this one as I don't find the visual chaos and stuttering appealing. I liked the Spidermen pointing at each other meme scene, though.

Remove ads