SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE - Official Trailer

The following Spider-people have been identified

I've seen some people unhappy with the Ben Reilly characterization in this movie, but it felt like loving teasing to me. He is angsty. It's a big part of his thing, along with his ridiculous costume.
I think it's also making fun of the whole era when he was introduced and the clone saga lol

Fun fact:

Last edited:

Caught the film Monday night after work and I was really impressed. I had high expectations after the first one, and feel like they were surpassed in pretty much every way. I would recommend avoiding any spoilers and just going to see it if you enjoyed the original. There were some things that I wasn't expecting, which was nice, in this day and age to actually be surprised at the movies.

As someone that likes overseas poster art, I came across this recently...

Fw_21jgWIA82ckJ.jpg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I liked the first one more, the story was better. This one was good but maybe a bit too many flasbacks and callbacks - I was getting distracted by all the eastereggs and pregnant Jess-Valerie Drew

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Saw it last night. Loved it. Yep, it's even better than the first one.

I liked the first one more, the story was better. This one was good but maybe a bit too many flasbacks and callbacks - I was getting distracted by all the eastereggs and pregnant Jess-Valerie Drew
My first impression was that the first one felt more "finished", more polished and superior as a standalone work of art, but the second one is more ambitious, stretching farther and bigger. Metaphorically speaking, right now they are mid-air, halfway through an absurd 720 degree twisted rotating gymnastic (artistic) maneuver. I suspect that how I eventually feel about Across is going to depend on how well they stick the landing (in the third installment).

But I do need to see it a couple more times to absorb everything they did in it, to be fair. I think I saw Into in the theater three times and have watched it a couple of times at home since then.

Remove ads