Spider's Path

ghostcat

First Post
"I'll take rear guard and see if I can catch anyone trying to sneak up on us. True to his word, Trinham follows along about 20' behind the party, with Mogins by his side, all the while looking and listening for anything approaching the party from behind. At the same time he trusts the others to protect him from frontal attacks.

[sblock="OOC"]Trinham: Listen +2, Spot +2
Mogins: Listen +3, Spot +3[/sblock]
[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Flare, Ghost Sounds, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Magic Missile[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: () () () () ()
1 Level: () () () ()[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The party marches on for the next several hours. In the beginning the could here someone or something following them, the sounds of many creatures running through the brush.

First to the left then from behind, then again they pass on the right this time. Then after a while the noise of being followed stops and nothing can be heard for an hour or more before Martomum stops the party and tells everyone to set camp.

As the sun sets and everyone finishes a meager meal of rations and water, Martomum sitting on the exposed root of a gnarled tree begins speaking as he looks deep into the flames of the small fire.

"Toes gnolls, nots be a bother tea us," he says quietly. "Wat's yuse greenies needs ta knows is dat on ta morrow' we's wills meet da Madds Eatercap. Ana dare bees no ways round em. Dats whys toes gnolls did nay bother us. Tay will says to da Eatercap tay sents us as a givts."

Martomum pokes the fire with a thin stick, seemly lost in ill memories.

ghostcat

First Post
"Martomum. Can you tell us everything you know about the Madds Eatercap, especially any vulnerabilities. The more we know about them, the better we will be able to defeat them."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Dare be buts 'un Madds Eatercapp," the dwarf says looking up from the fire. "He's be like a spider on two eggs."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude has been particularly quiet during the travel. His mind is alway on what was moving around, and his hand was always on his bow, but his mind was also on the conversations that had been happening with his allies.

Claude leans up against a treethat is just at the edge of fire light, close enough to hear and see everybody. "Eatercapps, hmm... do you know where they may live? I'm just asking because you seem to be very sure about them being here." Claude askes while stroking his goatee in thought "Because if we do know where they are and you say they're like spiders then we should be able to give them a run." After Claude was done saying that a slight smile curls across his face.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth shakes his head, saying to Claude, "Were you not listening? The dwarf said there's only one 'Mad Eatercap,' though I think it's pronounced a different way... Forgivable, as he's got a thick accent. Probably the best thing to do will be to continue as we have been, keep a close eye out for webbing and cut down any creatures that try to bother us. If anyone else has knows any magic to make us or our weapons stronger, keep those spells ready and cast them if we find trouble. Simple enough, and it should see us through this."

Theroc

First Post
Aidan frowned at the discussion.

"A spider on two legs, eh? Is he a partic'arly cunning Gnoll, or something worse that they listen to outta sheer fear?" He asked, watching the fire. "Are we going to need to fight this 'Mad Eatercap', or just talk nice, give 'im something 'e wants an 'e let's us go our merry way?" He remained near Lora, attempting to remain alert for anything unsavory, though the idea of being stalked by monsters put the boy a bit on edge, slowly feeling he'd be much happier if it was a tangible foe he could simply fight.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"J'excuse Jareth, I'm having a difficult time with Sir Martomum's accent. If there is only one then proceeding would be the best course of action, and as we move we should take care to make make ambush a risky buisness." Claude says with a little bow of apologize to Jareth and Martomum. He notices that his eyes are beginning to become heavy. "I will be heading off to bed in a while would someone please wake me up for my watch." Claude says witha yawn to finish.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Eyes 'ave no robbles speakin'," Martomum says looking up from the flames. "It bees all 'o ye tat has rables ina dare mouths." The dwarf then throws his stick into the fire sending up sparks. "Aye," he says to Claudes comments. "Sleeps be ina wats needed fur ta morrow."

[sblock=ooc] You all can keep up the campfire talk if you like, but if nothing by tomorrow night will move on instead. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
"Well! Does anyone have a better plan for dealing with the beastie? I don't particularly like Claude's plan but I can't think of anything better myself. Mention of bed sets Trinham off yawning. After stifling a large yawn, he continues "Unless anyone has a better one I vote we take Martomum's suggestion and go to bed. So, what are we doing about watches?

Remove ads