• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Split rays & sneak attacks?

Shaele

First Post
I'm a little confused on how sneak attack damage can be applied to spell effects. I know that typically sneak attack damage applies to any spell that requires a "to hit" roll, and adds bonus damage of the base-spells type (so sneak attacking with a Ray of Frost would result in extra cold damage).

Is there any legitimate way of gaining multiple spell attacks in a round (without haste)? I realize that things like Fire Orb count as a single attack; would the Split Ray or Twin Spell feats allow the sneak attack damage to be applied more than once?

Shaele

First Post
Small bump

... in hopes that someone might know the answer. I'm inclined to think "no", but I did a search earlier and found suggestions in some previous threads that this suggested it would work.

Shaele

First Post
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
Just like with Shurieken, the Sneak Attack damage applys to only one attack, declared before the roll.

I thought that was the case, but got confused by the number of Arcane Trickster builds I've seen (here and elsewhere), where the creator insists that Split Ray is a "MUST HAVE FEAT!!" :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads