Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

Zhaneel

First Post
Amazing how many less comments there are when 6 of the people following the thread are busy writing and the rest of are fearing our turn... ;-)

Zhaneel

BSF

Explorer
Fear? Nah, I won't need to worry about it for a few days now. Judging by the pictures that have been thrown in so far, I could probably go on a weekend binge of alcohol, and perhaps a few other drugs, so I could make more sense of these pictures.

But, it's OK Zhaneel, you can be afraid. Really, we won't mock you or anything. ;)

BSF

Explorer
Hey, just for a point of referential trivia, how many Ceramic DM Champs are in this round? I'll keep track if anyone wants to chime in.
- Mythago
- Speaker

Other trivia:

How many previous Ceramic DM contestants?
- BardStephenFox
- Macbeth
- Alsih20
- CoolHandLuke
- NiTessine

How many complete newcomers?
- Zhaneel
- Orchid Blossom
- Francisca
- RangerWickett (I think I saw him asking what these were a few months back, so he might be new)
- Tzor
- Thullgrim (Based on his initial questions on how the tourney works)

Other Trivia:
Sialia won on her first Ceramic DM. What's more, she did it with a story that unfolded across all three rounds. She beat out Piratecat, who is a former DM of hers. She has been kind enough to provide some of the artwork for this Ceramic DM.

Piratecat, author of the immensely viewed Defenders of Daybreak Story Hour, has kindly stepped in to run this Ceramic DM, though he has never actually won the Ceramic DM title.

Arwink and Maldur are both veteran judges.

What other trivia should I add? ;)

Last edited:

NiTessine

Explorer
I feel Berandor and drose25 got an easy one. I'm getting loads of ideas just looking at those. Macbeth and Thullgrim, though... I feel sorry for you guys, I really do.

And I don't fear. The outcome of this competition on my part is preordained by fate. I will get to the finals, and then I will lose. We've seen it happen before. I'll be damned if it'll stop me from trying, though.

I'll have until Monday to focus my creative energy. I should probably lock myself into a dark, damp cellar and meditate upon my keyboard to focus my creative energy, but I've got a LAN party to attend tomorrow, not to mention a shortage of dark, damp cellars. Oh, the trials of an artist...

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
NiTessine said:
I feel Berandor and drose25 got an easy one. I'm getting loads of ideas just looking at those. Macbeth and Thullgrim, though... I feel sorry for you guys, I really do.
That's interesting, cause I was the exact opposite: Berandor and drose25's gave me no ideas, but the pictures for my matchup have already formed a nice, fairly clean story.

tzor

First Post
So far all of them have given me ideas. Fortunately for me they are not mine because they haven't given me ideas for the contest. But then again I am waiting patiently for my turn at the starting gate.

It was the best of the Times. It was the worst of the Times. He stood with both newspapers in his hands, dreading the day he ever volunteered to be the school paperboy. Now the ink slowly bled on his fingers. He had the Times on his hands.

Until Friday I will have all the Times in the world, then I only have 72 hours. :cool:

WanderingMonster

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
So, I am paired off with WanderingMonster? Good, you know that Wandering Monsters are simply designed as small inconveniences to keep the PC's moving along. Since we are on a time limit, that is hardly a concern anyway. Just for the record, I am not scared of the big, scary dragon icon. We know that's just a scan from a previous edition and it really ins't representative of what WanderingMonster is all about anyway. So, what do I have to fear? Woohoo! It's back to basics!
Excuse, me: was that trash talk? You'd figure someone with "bard" in their name would have come up with something better.

Bibliophile's Alternate? Readily Dismissed. Simply Trying Everyone's Patience; Hardly Ephen Noteworthy. Fork Over the XP.

:]

Macbeth

First Post
WanderingMonster said:
Bibliophile's Alternate? Readily Dismissed. Simply Trying Everyone's Patience; Hardly Ephen Noteworthy. Fork Over the XP.
Ooooh, thats kind of clever. Come on, BardStephenFox, you can't let him get away with that...

Remove ads