Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

Sialia

First Post
Congratulations on getting your entry in!

Edit-[Biasing supportive and encouraging comment removed]

Last edited:

terribly sorry about the lack of footnotes. Here they are in order of appearance:
(2)-Painting Pic
(3)-Steeplechase Race (Horse Pic)
(1)-Orietal Girl with Tubing
(4)-Solitary building

If a mod can put these in as an edit that would be great. I you want me to do it let me know.

Maybe just move this post next to the story post
Thullgrim

tzor

First Post
As Piratecat stated I shall not comment on the story yet, but I shall comment ...

Oh so we add the stories we write to this (the main contest) thread? OK. ;)

(Different boards do things in different ways, and I wasn't sure what way we were using ... so I was glad I wasn't going first.)

BSF

Explorer
thullgrim said:
terribly sorry about the lack of footnotes. Here they are in order of appearance:
(2)-Painting Pic
(3)-Steeplechase Race (Horse Pic)
(1)-Orietal Girl with Tubing
(4)-Solitary building

If a mod can put these in as an edit that would be great. I you want me to do it let me know.

Maybe just move this post next to the story post
Thullgrim

Thullgrim, I am sure everyone will be able to follow the footnotes down here. :) In any case, if Piratecat thinks it will help, he can certainly edit your post to the end of the story. But, editing your own post is a big no-no, so I would let it stand.

Sialia

First Post
Right. Edits by author are an immediate disqualification, to keep people like me under control.

In my opinion, the way the story is told should make it pretty obvious which picture goes where,and the footnotes are mostly just to indicate the exact placement ("not this line . . . wait for it, ok, here!") You did that successfully, and I had no trouble following your intentions.
Of course, I'm not a judge, so my opinions won't help you.

:)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
alsih2o said:
I may be the first person to die from banging his head on a keyboard.

Clay, do you hear that noise? That's the sound of rust flaking off the creative machinery, but I'm pretty sure it's also the sound of every single competitor in every single Ceramic DM you've ever run giving you a simultaneous, sarcastic "Waah." Aaaah, payback, how sweet is your gentle caress. :D

Never fear, competitors; we've got faith in you. Have fun with these.

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
If you do, can you ask someone to take a picture of it so we can use it for the summer session?

:)

(Seriously--take a good break--eat chocolate--good for a walk--stare at clouds--balance the checkbook--cook a meal--take a nap. If you take your mind off it for a short while, you will find that your mind has been sorting things in the background, and solutions seem more obvious. Of course, you'll have less time left to write them, but they'll come quicker. Don't take too long a break.

When I got most stuck, I went to a party at a champagne bar and ate canapes for a few hours and then wandered through Chinatown in the dark of the night. My muse likes that sort of thing. She likes chocolate and eggplant parmesan, too. Courting your muse is not the same thing as procrastinating--you have to bring her along with you wherever you go, and know that she's watching everything you do.

A wise man at the champagne bar said "When you get stuck, go deeper into your characters. Everybody has the reason they think is the reason for what they do, and a real reason for doing it, too. When you know all three reasons, you'll know what comes next."

Remove ads