Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

alsih2o

First Post
Woo-Hoo!

Big thanks to Cool hand luke. I agree, if it was a game I would play in it!

Many thanks to the judges, I always agree where they find weaknesses, and appreciate the insight into what is working. If i am becoming better it is almost soley through this particularly maddening exercise. :)

tzor

First Post
RangerWickett said:
At the end of the single-elimination challenge, I hear they're going to have a special 'boss' writer that we have to beat to really win the game. The rumors aren't clear, but someone mentioned a seance.

Pure rumors. From what I'm hearing on the board, the 'boss' is recovering nicely. ... (although the mere thought of going head to head with Mr. Gygax might require me to be contacted via seance. :eek: )

cool hand luke

First Post
congrats to my worthy opponent. I knew this was not a good effort, but couldn't find a way to do better, he definitely had the better piece. I think us engineering majors need to find a better way to spend our time. Anyone want to start an ceramic calculus competition?

First of all let me say Congratulations to Macbeth for a good story and the round 1 win. To the judges I would say thanks as well because in many respects I agree.

I would also like to say that this was a tremendous game, one I will play in again next time its run. By way of explanation about the story, the reason Riley goes to the church is that he was raised in an orphanage there, lost his way as a grown man and his experience with the cult pushes him back to the church of his youth, where he felt safe. The initial rough of the story had several paragraphs that went into this a bit more but I was unhappy with the way they read so they got cut. In retrospect probably more editing and less chopping. Anyhow, I look forward to reading the rest of competition and following it closely.

Again, Congrats Macbeth

Thullgrim

arwink

Clockwork Golem
drose25 said:
They're called blinds. I'll email you some and you can print them out and tape them over the window. :p

At present, I have bed-sheets taped over the windows, but it doesn't really help much. The room is all windows and no walls, so even at my best I can't keep it contained.

Thankfully, sunset has come upon us and I can now return to reading :)

I know bribing judges is taboo, but can I blackmail Arwink?

Not that I need to, of course. If this were a kung fu competition, I would be Spike from Cowboy Bebop, and my competitor Speaker would be Ed. Very cool, somewhat sly, but no match unless his dad's involved.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
mythago said:
Who, I may add, never bothered to suck up to me when I was judging. Hmph.

It's the avatar, I think. The little blinky thing just doesn't seem as cuddly as the piratecat, so people are a little more afraid of it :)

Berandor

lunatic
You know, waiting for judgement was easier when it was clear there would be none for the next days. Now that it could be posted anytime, it's hell! :)

Remove ads