• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft 2.0: INTERCEPT (recruiting)

Falkus

Explorer
Welcome to INTERCEPT, agent. INTERCEPT is an elite, international intelligence agency established in the early sixties by the UN after a rare joint agreement by the United States and the Soviet Union. The stated purpose of the agency was to counteract the rising number of international criminal and terrorist organizations that were threatening world peace, after both superpowers had independently come to the realization that domestic intelligence agencies were not capable of fully thwarting the plots of these enemies of peace.

INTERCEPT Agents are recruited from UN member nations, generally being hired away from domestic intelligence agencies, or being trained at the INTERCEPT training facility in Paris. Field Agents are the top of the line agents for INTERCEPT, teams of elite superspies capable of handling and containing nearly any situation. INTERCEPT currently has roughly fifty field agents, stationed all over the world. These are backed up by over a thousand regular agents, who primarily serve in an investigative role. As well, INTERCEPT has its own commando strike team to back up field agents in urgent situations, composed of units on loan from the Delta Forces, SAS and other special forces groups from around the world.

INTERCEPT has cells all over the world, with offices in nearly every major city in North America, Europe and Russia, with clandestine, undercover cells in most of the nations that are not so sympathetic towards INTERCEPT’s goals. INTERCEPT Headquarters is located in London.

Most of the details of INTERCEPT’s activities are classified, but the agency itself is not secret, and is known to the public. Agents are allowed to disclose their membership in the agency to their friends and family members, but not specific details of their assignments.

INTERCEPT is headed by Director Alan Stormguard, a former field agent who moved into command after becoming too old for active duty.

You are all field agents for the INTERCEPT office in New York City, located at a six story office building near Central Park. Your control is Colonel Alexi Ilushenko, a veteran of the Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki (Foreign Intelligence Service) in Russia who transferred to INTERCEPT. Your equipment is handled by Dr Diana ‘Santa’ Morris, an unorthodox British scientist who also heads up INTERCEPT’s gadget research division.

I want at least six paragraphs of background and at least two paragraphs of description for your character. Character creation is standard, make level one characters with the campaign qualities: Bloodbath, Clandestine, Faction, Fast Growth, The Great Game and Thriller.

I'm looking for just three or four players. Characters will be accepted based on quality of the submission.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I love spy games, and I've heard good things about Spycraft, but alas, I don't own a copy of the game. How much of a problem would this be?

Falkus

Explorer
Sorry, but I really can't see any way for you to play if you don't own a copy of the rules. There's no SRD like d20 Modern, and there are many, significant differences from other d20 games.

Widowmaker

First Post
I am interested in SC 2.0. I would love to play.

I just got the book and am in the process of reading it, is this going to be a problem?

Widowmaker

First Post
Is INTERCEPT a UN Agency?

Or more like INTERPOL, an international agency, independent but affaliated with the UN?

Where INTERPOL is law enforcment orientated, INTERCEPT is intelligence orientated correct? You said the focus of INTERCEPT was to counter terrorism and organized crime?

Do the charaters work directly for INTERCEPT or are they on loan from a 'home' agency?

Falkus

Explorer
Is INTERCEPT a UN Agency?

It falls under the mandate of the UN, but primarily answers to the governments of the United States and Russia, and the EU, to a lesser degree. The US and Russia have annual meetings where they analyze the activities of INTERCEPT, and determine whether or not to continue funding for another year.

Where INTERPOL is law enforcment orientated, INTERCEPT is intelligence orientated correct? You said the focus of INTERCEPT was to counter terrorism and organized crime?

Yes, their primary goal is to uncover, infilitrate and destroy international criminal and terrorist organizations and conspiracies. INTERCEPT agents don't have the power of arrest, but like any intelligence agency, frequently detain targets for interrogation, as well as terminate threats to international security.

Do the charaters work directly for INTERCEPT or are they on loan from a 'home' agency?

Either. INTERCEPT trains its own agents, but domestic intelligence agencies do loan agents out to INTERCEPT.

Last edited:

Remove ads