• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft 2.0: INTERCEPT (recruiting)

Widowmaker

First Post
More questions.

Are the threats real world - Al Queda, Mafia, Yakuza ..? Or are there going to be game made threats as well?

Did events such as 9/11 take place? London subway bombings....

Just wondering for character history and motivation.

Falkus

Explorer
Real life criminal organizations will have a periphial role to play, but the focus will be on the ones I'm inventing for the campaign. For the threats, think Alias or James Bond villain groups, as opposed to real terrorist organizations. More like the Illuminati than Al Qaeda.

9/11 did occur, as did the other terrorist attacks in the last few years. The game's going to be taking place in 2012.

Wystan

Explorer
I will see if I can prepare a suitable Submission. This is my idea of a good game...

(2.0 pre-errata, post errata, 2nd printing?)

Widowmaker

First Post
I am still reading the rules. RL has got in the way.

SC 2.0 is a lot different than SC 1.0. Its taking me a little longer than I thought. There a ton of new feats.

I am looking at a intruder.

Widowmaker

First Post
Jason Campbell

Intruder 1
[sblock] Vitality Points: 9 (1d8+1)
Wound Points:12
Stress Damage Threshold: 12
Subdual Damage Threshold: 12
Initiative: +3 (+2 Dex, +1 Class)
Defense: +13 (+2 Class, +1 Origin, +10 Base)
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+2
Melee Attack/Ranged Attack: +2/+2
Action Dice: 3d4
Speed: 30 ft.
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14
Origin: Mysterious Operative
Skills: Acrobatic (Str/Dex) 4, Athletics (Str/Con) 4, Blend (Dex/Cha) 4, Culture (Int) 3 (Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Western Asia), Electronics (Int/Wis) 3, Networking (Wis/Cha) 3, Notice (Wis) 4, Search 3 (Int), Security (Int) 4, Sneak (Dex/Cha) 4, Streetwise (Wis/Cha) 2
Languages: English, Turkish, German
Feats/Talents/Special: Core Ability: Dexterous, Superior Documentation, Faceless,
Weapon Groups: Handguns, Edged, Unarmed
Interests: Politics, Soccer
Knowledge Check: +2
Request Check: +3
Gear Check: +2
Subplot: Personal Mission – Avenge Friends Death
Contacts:1 [/sblock]

Appearance:
[sblock]Jason stands about five foot ten inches, average height for a male in both the US and UK. He weighs about 180 pounds, again average for both the US and UK. He has brown hair and hazel eyes, a trait he carries on from his mother. He prefers not to grow a beard or mustache as he doesn’t like the way he looks. He also prefers to keep his hair short, very short. He has a good smile and at the age of 24 he is not bad looking.

Jason has two long scars on his body, all were gained by the explosion that killed his friend and teammate. One on the bottom of his left forearm it is about 8 inches long and the other is on left side of his back about 20 inches long that runs next to his spine.

Jason prefers to dress in casual clothing. He is adept though at wearing business suits to athletic clothing. His favorite color is royal blue. He walks with an air of confidence but not arrogance. [/sblock]

Background:
[sblock] Jason was born into an international family, an expatriate American mother and a Scottish father. Jason’s father being a petroleum engineer who works for BP (British Petroleum), while his mother is a banker for the Bank of England. Jason’s parents met in Edinburgh, Scotland and married a few years later, they later moved to London.

Jason was raised in London. He would often travel with his father to foreign countries particularly Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Turkey. With BP having a growing interest in those countries related to the world second longest oil pipeline. At other times he would travel with his mother to Switzerland, the banking headquarters of Europe, and to Germany, home to the newly created European Central Bank.

Jason had his parent’s affinity for international affairs. As he grew older he became more interested in his family heritage in Scotland and America. He decided to attend college in Scotland at the University of Edinburgh. He attended the four-year course attaining a degree with honours in International Relations. While in college his parents were vacationing on the Black Sea. Both his parents were killed in a terrorist attack. The Russians claim is was a terrorist attack by Georgian Rebels. The Georgians claim it was an attack by Azerbaijani terrorists.

Jason not knowing what to do with his future applied for the United Nations. His resume caught the attention of INTERCEPT. He was recruited and accepted into the agency. During training Jason found he had an interest in the classes pertaining to breaking and entering. Jason excelled in these areas. On his first mission out of though he was dealt a devastating blow, a fellow team member and friend was killed. Jason feels responsible for his death.

Since joining INTERCEPT Jason has grown to love his job to the point of almost obsession. He is often told he is a workaholic and has been told on his reviews to take a vacation and leave the office work at the office. He doesn’t have much a personal life.

Now being station in the US gives Jason the chance to learn about his American roots. He still maintains his dual-citizenship being a citizen of both the US and the United Kingdom. Growing up in the UK Jason has an interest in Soccer and Rugby. Since moving to the US he has been to Atlantic City a number of times and has an interest in poker.

Even though INTERCEPT is public knowledge, Jason with the assistance of the UN and INTERCEPT has assumed a new identity while stationed in New York. While stationed in NY he is a NOC (Nonoffical Cover), meaning he is a deniable asset if needed. At the same time Jason has not been able to transfer all of his assets from Europe to the US. (represents his little spending cash) All of the possessions he has were either issued or bought with what saving he had set up.

In New York he lives in a loft apartment in the upscale Manhattan Meatpacking District. He owns a Ducati Xerox 999 SBK Racing Motorcycle.

Since joining INTERCEPT Jason has become more adventurous and brave. He is has tasted the rush and enjoys it, hence why he loves his job. But due to the death of his friend his has a dislike of explosives. [/sblock]

Equipment:
[sblock] Lifestyle 3
Possessions 3
Spending Cash 1 ($100)

1 level 3 -
H&K Mk23 – Composite, Rugged, Threaded Barrel, Takedown, Factory Upgrades (Multi-Mode Laser sight, Suppressor), Concealed Holster, Precision Upgrade (Accurate), Reworked Action (Reliable) (2.4 lbs)​

1 level 2 -
Lock picking Kit II (25 lbs)​

3 level 1-
Climbing Kit I (15 lbs), Electronics Kit I (20 lbs), Tactical Radio (1 lb)​

1 common item -
Cell Phone, Binoculars, Camelback, Compass, Backpack, Duct tape, Flashlight, Leatherman, Load Bearning Vest, PDA, Sunglasses, Watch​

1 Level 1 -Cover Identity

Contact- Durdan - Security Consultant [/sblock]

Note to Falkus
[sblock] Without knowing more of the setting (ie terrorist and organized crime organizations). I did not flesh out to much of the subplot on his friends death. When I get more info I will write something up. I was thinking he has a personal goal of seeing one specific mob boss dead or captured. That boss was who they were trying to capture.

Another personal goal is to find out who killed his parents.

Also I have setup his history so that if need be I can have the character on a long term mission to hunt out a mole within INTERCEPT. Hence the cover ID, personal recruitment into INTERCEPT versus being loaned out from the CIA or MI6. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads