SPYCRAFT Blood Money (OOC : Tactics)

Luddite

First Post
While we are seeing everyone get confused and sort of lossing control at the situatiion, Now may be a good time to start setting up some better standard opperating proceedures to help in the future.

The first thing that we need to address is communication. Both in "Civilian" situations, like the African Dream, and more "Military" situations, like co-ordinating a raid on some facility.

A "Civilian" Situation is one were we are trying to blend-in and not look like trained killers. In these situations, the only armour worn would be Tuxedo Liners or Lined Colthing.

Cell Phones are common place, but there are some limitations. Anything pass three-way calling gets very cumbersome. Also each "call" is tracable.

Radios, allow everyone to talk on the same frequncey at the same time. However, it is more subject to being intercepted since anyone can tune in to the frequency.

Idealy there should be one or two people hanging back and acting as communications and co-ordination. Everyone would then contact that person and they would relay the messages as needed.

What we can do in the Future. For those people would "go inside" get them hands-free and vocie activated speed dail cell phones (may cost some budget points) Those on the "outside" could do with regular Radios.

Any other ideas and Suggestions?

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
I agree and like that... I can hang back in the more military actions and be a communication jockey... while the more social I can be in the thick of the "action."

Alexander Roman

First Post
I had originally created Roman to be one of the "one or two people hanging back and acting as communications and co-ordination." which is why he's strong on hide, move-silently, stealth, traceless, and surveillance.

It's also why he hasn't had direct contact with the CPG, Neilan or the soldiers. Well, the soldiers because he hasn't seen them yet. :)

I volunteer to stay in the back and "spy" on people and relay messages. Roman has no armor, carries only a light weapon, and really isn't all that good at combat.

Tokiwong definitely needs to be out front and in the mix during social encounters. The dude is a great faceman!

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
I also think to facilitate communication and to confuse listening enemies, we need a Maneuver system. Here's what I've worked out so far:

1. Attack
2. Fall Back
3. Take Cover

Maybe we could get those earpiece radios like they have in the movies.

Roman, given your superior tactical situation (flanking the bad guys) we could really use you in the upcoming brawl. At the very least, a foe behind them will distract the bad guys. I don't want a prolonged fight with 4 thugs with automatic weapons. Too many things can go wrong. If Ghost can contact us while she's in the bathroom, we can withdraw, hold them off for a couple minutes, and I can remote drive the Jeep to an alley for easy escape.

Alexander Roman

First Post
Kareem_Amirr said:
Roman, given your superior tactical situation (flanking the bad guys) we could really use you in the upcoming brawl. At the very least, a foe behind them will distract the bad guys.
Problem is that Roman doesn't know that the soldiers are even exist yet. Once he sees them, I'll say what I'm going to do.

Well... I don't know how much GhostFox can contribute to a "social" event. She's relatively good at what she does - covert entry and infiltration. She has SOME social skills: Bluff, Languages, but she will never be as good as a faceman.

She isn't half bad in ranged combat

It also looks like she is the only one skilled in Demolitions.

Luddite

First Post
Making Neilan and Ally

Since we have the opportunity, do we want to make Neilan an ally?

It depends on what he can do for us. He is retired CIA and knows the ropes. If he is willing, he may make a good preliminary surveillance. Otherwise he would still be useful in dealing with the CIA.

In my oppinon, allies of any nature are always good to have. Even if we use him once a Season.

What do others think?

-Luddite

Steel Ronin

First Post
Since I don't have my book with me, does this recruitment "cost" the team any thing?

If not, contacts/allies with information are always useful - but I guess we need to make a decision if we can trust him to keep our operations and identities secret.

Remove ads