• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft Combat Example ?

Darke

First Post
Well, if you take a look at the Spycraft Combat Example I wonder if there are some mistakes concerning the Damage Reduction from Armor and the subdual damage you take if the armor reduces the damage to zero.

If you look at Sideshock (think that was his name) and the subdual damage he gets in this example - is all of that right or did I miss something?

At one point he takes 6 shots, 5 of them hit him - he gets 4 VP damage and 10 subdual damage from those 5 hits.

As he gets VP damage, minimum one hit gets through the armor, so normally this hit will not do the 2 points of subdual damage too, or?

But then it should be 8 subdual damage points or not?

Anyone can explain that?

das Darke

Game Control

First Post
Yeah, it gotta be a mistake.

If Sideshock takes 5 hit and get 10 subdual damage he couldn't have lost vitality. If he lost vitality he shouldn't take more than 8 subdual.

leaghe

First Post
Yeah, when I read that I was confused as well. I think it must be a mistake. I think the two points of subdual needs to be more clearly explained (I almost missed it altogether).

Leaghe

Darke

First Post
Thanks for the answers.

Another question:

What do you think of the Sidestep Feat compared to the D&D Dodge Feat?

Is the better value ok? Would you change the Dodge Feat into the Sidestep values?

I'm not sure about that.

das Darke

Remove ads