• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD 3.0 - 3.5 Swap out question

AdvntrGuy

First Post
I've been looking for discussion about how the replacement of the SRD with 3.5 version of the rules is going to affect smaller publishers, but cant' seem to find any. What I'm specifically wondering is can third-party publisher use the old SRD to publish new material or are they forced to move onto 3.5 after it's posted? I read that the old SRD will no longer be available. Is that true? If there's an old discussion thread, feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks,
AG

Staffan

Legend
Anything that has ever been formally released under any version of the Open Gaming License is forever available to use with any other version of the Open Gaming License. In other words, WOTC can't prevent others from using the old SRD.

What they theoretically can do is to change the d20 license and/or system guide to prevent use of the old stuff together with the d20 logotype/trademark, but I doubt they would do that.

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
And actually, from the OGF-L, the SRD is not going to be replaced. There's going to be an RSRD posted as well...which should be out in the next week or so, if I understand the 7/18 release date properly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads