• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD Competition Winners

Dimwhit

Explorer
Thank you all for your patience! I have heard from the judges (well, most of them...), tallied the results, and the winners are official. (By the way, I didn't cast a vote, since I already heard from 7 judges and didn't feel mine was needed.) There were two categories (the one misc entry was placed into the Web category). The winners:

Print: Sulaco
Web: Sovelior (with help from Sage)

Congrats! I should add that the entries were great, though I had hoped to receive more. Most all are posted at FluidDragon's new 3.5 SRD website (it is currently just a simple site--he's working on a more elaborate SRD website). The url is http://3.5srd.com/

As a reminder, these two winners will receive a free character portrait from Al McFarlane and 4 EN Publishing e-products, courtesy of guest judge Hellhound. (I will contact the winners by email regarding these prizes.)

Thanks to all who participated, and to the judges who took the time to go through the submissions. They did a fantastic, thorough job. Go to FluidDragon's website and check out all the entries yourselves.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Well, I looked at the entries, and I only have only one thing to say:

SULACO! My GOD, MAN, FINISH!!!!

That is beautiful! I hope you get a chance to do more to it in the future, because that's a document I'd love to have.

Storminator

First Post
Henry said:
Well, I looked at the entries, and I only have only one thing to say:

SULACO! My GOD, MAN, FINISH!!!!

That is beautiful! I hope you get a chance to do more to it in the future, because that's a document I'd love to have.

There were some nice entries. Stefenh's detailed index in awesome. And Woodelf's doc is beautiful (got my vote for best print version)

Some day I'd like to see Drawmack's version too.

PS

gariig

First Post
I BELIEVE you are allowed to use it, as long as you don't claim it as your own. Honestly, he'd just get an E-mail from wizards to take it down..no big deal.

Gariig

Li Shenron

Legend
I have taken a quick look at all of them. I didn't vote, but the Sovelior's one is my favourite. The look is so much like an online version of the PHB. I wish the pictures would have been embedded, so that they would stay offline, but clearly the size would have been too much, and perhaps it's not even allowed.

Sage

Explorer
Li Shenron said:
I wish the pictures would have been embedded, so that they would stay offline, but clearly the size would have been too much, and perhaps it's not even allowed.

They are all copyrighted, so I would say no. On the site though, we are theoretically not copying them, and you probably read the letter in the readme, explaining the pictures.

Jason

Nifelhein

First Post
Bump!

I haven't seen the others but his surely rocks and I also loved the winner on web, they are gonna be linked from my website and I am going to say that my players should use them to acess 3.5 rules.

Anyway I was wondering, did anyone thought of doing that with 3.0 SRD? I mean, it is still up and many people use a mix of rules, has it been done? is it a good idea?

Just my thoughts on it... CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!!!

Looking forward to the complete versions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads