• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD Competition Winners

woodelf

First Post
Nifelhein said:
I haven't seen the others but his surely rocks and I also loved the winner on web, they are gonna be linked from my website and I am going to say that my players should use them to acess 3.5 rules.

Anyway I was wondering, did anyone thought of doing that with 3.0 SRD? I mean, it is still up and many people use a mix of rules, has it been done? is it a good idea?

Don't hold your breath, but here's the plan: once i finish the 3.5 SRD, i'll get to work on the Anime d20 SRD. Then Action! SRD. then D20M SRD and 3.0 SRD. Maybe. That is, i would like to do all of them, same format, etc. I have no idea if i have the patience or time. But i'd like to. I'll certainly do my "D&D Done Right" in a format to match my D20SRD(3.5).

Nifelhein

First Post
woodelf said:
Don't hold your breath, but here's the plan: once i finish the 3.5 SRD, i'll get to work on the Anime d20 SRD. Then Action! SRD. then D20M SRD and 3.0 SRD. Maybe. That is, i would like to do all of them, same format, etc. I have no idea if i have the patience or time. But i'd like to. I'll certainly do my "D&D Done Right" in a format to match my D20SRD(3.5).

That is a great project just hope you have the time/ patience AND caring you have had with the present one, i like having things added together and all.

On the post # I would like to say that there is nothing that makes me consider anyone a troll aside from the close-minded, those who are here to discuss should expect to be convinceed, anyone around to enlight everyone else is supposed to create more problems than otherwise.

Just my thoughts though.

woodelf

First Post
Also, for the time being, you can get my incomplete version at http://www.tiltingatwindmills.net/web/getstuff.html . To the keeper of the 3.5srd site: feel free to link to that page, too. I just don't want the incomplete version mirrored elsewhere, because i'd like to minimize propagation of the unfinished work, so as to minimize the effort in wiping it out once i finish a proper forward and indexing and so on of the existing sections.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Sage said:
They are all copyrighted, so I would say no. On the site though, we are theoretically not copying them, and you probably read the letter in the readme, explaining the pictures.

Jason

Bah, anyone can probably just pick the jpg from Wizard's page and save it on his PC. In any case, I think your way was the coolest way to do it to avoid complications :cool:

Dimwhit

Explorer
Hey, whatever happened to Cergorach, kreynolds and Drawmack? Did they not enter a submission, or did they just prefer not to have their entry posted?
I don't know. I was hoping to receive something from them, too, but they never submitted anything.

As for the bandwidth limitation exceeded error, I think it's just temporary. I know FluidDragon controls the server, and he has unlimited bandwidth. I suspect that when the domain was set up, the bandwidth limit for that domain was accidentally set too low. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Conaill

First Post
Brown Jenkin said:
I hope FluidDragon has permission for that Dungeons and Dragons logo. I would hate to seethe entries kicked off the web for that.
gariig said:
I BELIEVE you are allowed to use it, as long as you don't claim it as your own. Honestly, he'd just get an E-mail from wizards to take it down..no big deal.
I very much doubt that FluidDragon has permission to use the D&D logo, and I'm not so sure that "you are allowed to use it, as long as you don't claim it as your own". Besides even if the last was true, WotC would have a strong argument to claim that he is "claiming it as his own" by putting it prominently at the top of the page, where normally the site's logo would go (just look at the top left corner of this page)!

And in this particular case, linking to the file over at wizards.com wouldn't help any, because this is a trademark issue, not a copyright issue. (Although I guess the current situation is a violation of WotC's copyright in addition.)

Another sticky situation is the inclusion in woodelf's unfinished version of "the `missing' character generation and advancement rules". Legally, he's probably ok, because he's not copying the PHB/DMG material, he's just paraphrasing it. But it's definitely pushing the boundaries, and if WotC got annoyed enough that they decide to push the issue, I doubt woodelf or FluidDragon have the resources to stand up to them...

IANAL...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads