• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD monsters in the new statblock format

Dalamar

Adventurer
Yeah, I did notice a couple of errors from my versions as I checked up on his decisions on some. I'll probably up a corrected version sometime later this week, and see what I can come up with regarding layout.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Well, I'm about half-way through the animal appendix, and monsters from A have the AC breakdown in them. Depending on how bored I feel, the animals might be finished as soon as by today or as late as early next year. I'm betting on tomorrow. After that, the summonable celestials shouldn't be too far behind.
But if anybody's got some that they'd need about right away, I'm open for requests.

I'll most likely finish including the AC breakdowns to B and Z today or tomorrow, and then upload the whole lot of 'em as a single .zip.

Dalamar

Adventurer
So I decided to be not so smart and pushed through the Animal appendix too (I'm writing this at 2:30 in the morning my time) before posting the whole shebang in a zip. Going to feel really rested at tomor- err, today's exam. :p I updated the first post.

The zip includes A, B, Z and Animals. They're all in the bigger, 10,5pt font size and now include the AC breakdowns. Plus there were some clean ups and small rearrangements and minor mistakes corrected in the previous ones.
No, I don't like that the CR and AC breakdowns don't all align properly, but I'm too lazy to play with spaces to get them just right, especially since I'm going to, at some point, try and fit one of the files into a vertical page with two column layout to see how that looks.

The small-font versions are still the same ones and have not been updated. If somebody especially liked them better, let me know and I'll do the updated versions for them too.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I've been spending my year's end vacation from Uni doing some more conversions, meaning I now have the Vermin appendix and the first three Summon Monsters statted.
There's also a small update on the Animal appendix at least (can't recall if I did any others), so now all the animals that have a size modifier to Hide have the total modifier included in their entry.

Trivia: Dire animals, unlike other animals, have good progression in their Will save too. This is not noted anywhere in the SRD, except in the definition of the animal type, where there is "animals have good Fortitude and Reflex saves (some animals may have different good saves)."

It seems that I've lost my ability to attach files, so the .pdf files are now available from the following links:
<A> <B> <Z>
<Animals> <Vermin>
<Summon Monster I> <Summon Monster II> <Summon Monster III>

Dalamar

Adventurer
I do indeed write the critters in Word. I think I'll zip those up and make them available after I make some corrections prompted by reading John Cooper's review of the MMSE (I had actually caught some of those in the critters I've already dealt with on my own, but there are lots to fix too).

Expect updates versions of old files, the M letter, and Summon Monster IV within a couple of days.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Dalamar said:
Expect updates versions of old files, the M letter, and Summon Monster IV within a couple of days.
Yay! My players have been finding the Summon Monster stat blocks extremely useful and I know they're looking forward to the SMIV sheets :D.

Dalamar

Adventurer
So it did take me more than a couple of days, but doing these had to take the backseat due to school work. As a bonus, the letter Y is now done too! Yes, both Yeth Hound and Yrthak!

Reading John Cooper's "unnoficial errata", the one thing I have no idea how to fix and I think really needs to be (I left the octopus without its skill points) is the Salamanders' lack of skill points. What skills would people suggest, seeing as how I've got most of S done?

Remove ads