• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD Tiger Feat?

coriolis

Explorer
I was looking at the list of fiendish/celestial summon monster V creatures to see which ones could benefit from another template, and something caught my eye in listing of feats for the tiger:

Feats: Natural Attack (claw)

I'm guessing that this should in fact be Improved Natural Attack. Also considering the tiger's HD (6), it should have 2 more feats.

Could someone with access to the actual Monster Manual 3.5 check out the stats and tell me if the info is supplied there?

Voadam

Legend
coriolis said:
I was looking at the list of fiendish/celestial summon monster V creatures to see which ones could benefit from another template, and something caught my eye in listing of feats for the tiger:

Feats: Natural Attack (claw)

I'm guessing that this should in fact be Improved Natural Attack. Also considering the tiger's HD (6), it should have 2 more feats.

Could someone with access to the actual Monster Manual 3.5 check out the stats and tell me if the info is supplied there?

From the 3.5 srd hosted at WotC's site

Feats: Alertness, Improved Natural Weapon (bite), and Improved Natural Weapon (claw).

I don't see any entry in the tiger stats just saying "Natural Attack (claw)".

Voadam

Legend
Here is the whole entry for tigers (under the monsters -animals section of the srd)

TIGER
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d8+6)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d8+6) and bite +4 melee (2d6+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, pounce, rake 1d8+3
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Balance +6, Hide +3*, Listen +3, Move Silently +9, Spot +3, Swim +11
Feats: Alertness, Improved Natural Weapon (bite), and Improved Natural Weapon (claw).
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4
Advancement: 7–12 HD (Large); 13–18 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
These great cats stand more than 3 feet tall at the shoulder and are about 9 feet long. They weigh from 400 to 600 pounds.
Combat
Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a tiger must hit with a claw or bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.
Pounce (Ex): If a tiger charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.
Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +9 melee, damage 1d8+3.
Skills: Tigers have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and Move Silently checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +8.

coriolis

Explorer
Voadam said:
From the 3.5 srd hosted at WotC's site

I don't see any entry in the tiger stats just saying "Natural Attack (claw)".

I'll have to take your word for it because I can't access the WOTC site from work. I've been using one of the pdf versions that someone created when the 3.5 SRD came out (I can't remember the name, unfortunately), and I cross-checked it with the Summon Monster listings from Yo Yo Dyne (http://yoyodyne.virtualave.net/summon/), and both came up with the same problem.

Based on your info, it seems the new SRD has been updated since it was first released in July. At the very least, the tiger listing has been corrected, and the Improved Natural Attack monster feat was renamed Improved Natural Weapon.

I wonder what else was corrected/modified...

Remove ads