• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD too confusing?

tuxedoraptor

First Post
Sorry, I have been busy, we ended up kinda just going "eeeeh" at WOiN and just flat out moving to 1E mutants and masterminds until we can finally get the full system, just not worth it unless we buy everything, something all of us are reluctant to do. Once you release all of the books though, I have no problem with purchasing the core books.

Anselyn

Explorer
just not worth it unless we buy everything, something all of us are reluctant to do.
I've played many sessions of many games without everyone owning a rulebook for that game. For me, a good game requires the GM to have a rulebook and the ability to communicate with the players. Celebrim suggested that you might want to branch out from d20 roleplaying (if it is the case that you've mostly played F20 systems). Possibly, a re-evaluation of the place of rules mastery via rules ownership might also lead to other possibilities in play style? As they say, a change is as good as a rest ...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry, I have been busy, we ended up kinda just going "eeeeh" at WOiN and just flat out moving to 1E mutants and masterminds until we can finally get the full system, just not worth it unless we buy everything, something all of us are reluctant to do.

I don't really know how to respond to this.

Last edited:

tuxedoraptor

First Post
Morrus, its me saying that I want to buy it, but I am reluctant right now because I don't know how my group will feel about running this long term, as I am the GM and I generally will run anything my players want me to run, as long as they let me prepare; I have had times when I offered to run games for systems they didn't expect me to want to run but otherwise I generally let my players tastes and opinions dictate what we run. Even the setting and theme is chosen by them, I just ask what they want and I work with that. In fact, as I write this, one of my players wants me to run dark heresy second edition as he thinks it would be a challenge for me.... I am scared.....very scared... Anyways, nonsensical ramblings aside is there a system I should experiment with that has an SRD? I run pretty much anything as long as I have the ability to build off it. M&M is one of and will always be my favorite non fantasy system until I find out more about this dark heresy game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads