SRD Wiki?

ladyofdragons

First Post
I think a D20 wiki is a fantastic idea. I've got a D20 wiki already started, and about 30% finished. I work on it when I can. it's a lot of work converting everything over, though I have been able to speed it up with the help of Word macros. The script needs a bit of work to add on bells and whistles, but it's working fine for basic stuff.

You can see what I have so far Here on my website. I'm calling it the Open Gaming Encyclopedia, though the name's open for changes.

If there's anyone interested in helping out on the project, I'm seriously in need of help to get it done! I've got tons of space and bandwidth to make this happen, I just need entry help.

silvermane

Explorer
Privileges Error

No privilege for EditWikka
Problem:

The operation you are attempting requires privileges that you do not have. Contact the systems/site administrator to request access.

Do I have to be logged in to see it?

ladyofdragons

First Post
silvermane said:
Privileges Error

No privilege for EditWikka
Problem:

The operation you are attempting requires privileges that you do not have. Contact the systems/site administrator to request access.

Do I have to be logged in to see it?
DOH! been so long since I browsed as anyone but me. Please try again, problem fixed.

silvermane

Explorer
I think that is is worthwhile, but the layout and colours of the site did not get well with me. The whole wiki display area seems to be cramped (but then I use 800x600) and the black background makes a grim impression.

As far as presentation of the contents goes, maybe the font should be a bit larger. The tables are rather basic, too, but this may be a limitation of the wiki and/or the designer's HTML skills.

Last edited:

kolvar

First Post
Rather good so far. Although not completely linked (e.g. the skill at the classes). But thats probably just me (and the reason why I think, it is a lot of work and others don't. I even would have linked the ability score abbreviations and the "General" descriptor of the feats, i.e. I would not, because I would haven't done the work). congrats so far.

ladyofdragons

First Post
silvermane said:
I think that is is worthwhile, but the layout and colours of the site did not get well with me. The whole wiki display area seems to be cramped (but then I use 800x600) and the black background makes a grim impression.

As far as presentation of the contents goes, maybe the font should be a bit larger. The tables are rather basic, too, but this may be a limitation of the wiki and/or the designer's HTML skills.

I'll admit I haven't looked at the site in 800x600 in a looong time. And I've got a poll up about whether I should use a light-colored theme or a dark one as the default ;)

The tables in wiki are meant to be basic. Wiki itself is structure-related, not graphic-related. This is what makes the wiki language a lot easier to learn than HTML.

kolvar said:
Rather good so far. Although not completely linked (e.g. the skill at the classes). But thats probably just me (and the reason why I think, it is a lot of work and others don't. I even would have linked the ability score abbreviations and the "General" descriptor of the feats, i.e. I would not, because I would haven't done the work). congrats so far.

One of the features I have left to finish is retroactive linking. This means if I make a page called "Str", then every mention of "Str" in every other page becomes a link. That way all the gaps can be filled without mega work. I agree, I want it to be as detailed as possible.

Another big feature will be the ability to download a zip of the entire thing as HTML or PDF. This way you can grab a local snapshot.

Remove ads