• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stabalizing Aura

DiFier

First Post
The 0 level divine spell cure minor seems pretty usless, except to stabalize one charachter.

What level spell would an area effet cure minor be? I was thinking a 10ft +5ft per per 2 divine caster levels level radius centered on the caster. It would be called stabalizing aura or something like that. I was thinking 1st level.

This would effect everyone but you could use it to stabalize one or more party members in an ongoing fight. plus everyone in the area of effect would gain 1 hp. (including enemies)

Let me know if you think this is ballanced. a good idea. workable. or total crap.

Judas

First Post
It doesn't have to affect enemies too. Bless only affects characters friendly to the casting preist with the spells range. I don't see why your Aura would have to benefit your foes as well.

Just a thought.

gpetruc

First Post
I think that 1st level is ok
With a greater range maybe 2nd level

I agree with Judas: you don't need to have it affect enemies also

Hashmalum

Explorer
I did a spell that did the exact opposite and put it at level 0 (for most casters)--it was part of a cantrip-creating binge:

Presence of Death
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Blk 1, Clr 0, Death 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Area: Emanates 10 ft. from caster
Duration: 1 minute (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell creates a zone of negative energy around the caster that brings the dying closer to death. When a living creature first becomes susceptible to the spell, either by being reduced to less than zero hit points while within the area of effect or by being in the condition of dying when the spell is cast or the caster comes within 10 feet of them, they must make a saving throw. If they are successful, that casting of this spell does not further affect them. Living creatures that are affected do not have their normal 10% chance per round of stabilizing on their own. Furthermore, they must make a Constitution check every round (with the spell's save DC) or lose an additional hit point. Creatures killed by this spell can be raised from the dead normally.
Material component: A scrap of cloth taken from the sheets of a death-bed.

Remove ads