• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Staff of the War Mage +1 question

kristov

Explorer
Ok, last game I picked up a Staff of the War Mage +1.

I am a Warlord, multiclassed into wizard so I can use this for my burst spell I took.

My question is can this item also be used as a weapon? Basically a staff +1 if I want to go around smashing goblins in the head with it?

Does it get the full +1 hit, +1 dmg, and +1 with spells cast when used as an implement?

Gruns

Explorer
Yes, but...

Ok, last game I picked up a Staff of the War Mage +1.

I am a Warlord, multiclassed into wizard so I can use this for my burst spell I took.

My question is can this item also be used as a weapon? Basically a staff +1 if I want to go around smashing goblins in the head with it?

Does it get the full +1 hit, +1 dmg, and +1 with spells cast when used as an implement?

Well, it can be used as a weapon, but as a Warlord, you have much better options. A longsword, for example, does the same damage, has an extra +1 to hit, and frees up your off hand for a shield. (Note that using the Staff as an implement requires only one hand.)

Later!
Gruns

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads