• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Frontiers d20/d100 Conversions

Corjay

First Post
Just posting to inform anyone interested that I have started a d20 conversion project converting the Star Frontiers d100 system to the d20 system and visa versa if anyone would like to participate in that. I'd like to get good focus on d20 Future conversions to provide mutual buttressing of our communities as they have a base in the same game and gaming interest.

This is not just a conversion to one or the other system. This is a cross-conversion, meaning it converts materials both ways.

The reason this is needed is because there is lots of material in the d20 system that would work great in Star Frontiers. There's also a lot of material in the Star Frontiers books, magazine, and starfrontiers.us web site that would be much desired in d20 games. It would be of particular help to the alienated fans of d20 Future who feel their game has been abandoned to its own devices by WOTC. d20 future was primarily based on the Alternity: StarDrive, Gamma Dawn, and Star Frontiers settings.

Such cross-conversion provides cross-pollination, expanding the player base of Star Frontiers and visitors to the starfrontiers.us site as well as expanding the well of material that players of both game systems can draw from, and allowing the d20 community to benefit from reading the Star Frontiersman webzine.

Last edited:

Bivotar

First Post
YES!!! I am totally interested in this. I loved Star Frontiers and in fact own all the original material with the exception of the 2010 adventure.

I also once worked on a d20 conversion for Star Frontiers myself but eventually abandoned it because of the enormity of it and had a lot going on personally. Anyway, I ended up writing a rules consolidation taking what I liked from the original rules and concepts from the Zebulon's Guide and combined them.

If interested I can send it to you if you need ideas on anything.

Corjay

First Post
That's fantastic. I can't wait to see you all there.

Bivotar said:
YES!!! I am totally interested in this. I loved Star Frontiers and in fact own all the original material with the exception of the 2010 adventure.

I also once worked on a d20 conversion for Star Frontiers myself but eventually abandoned it because of the enormity of it and had a lot going on personally. Anyway, I ended up writing a rules consolidation taking what I liked from the original rules and concepts from the Zebulon's Guide and combined them.

If interested I can send it to you if you need ideas on anything.
That would be great. I properly credit all contributors on my projects. This would be a boon.

Remove ads