Star Trek Adventures Pre-Order is live

TookyG

Explorer
I would, frankly, be surprised if they ship two full waves of cubes. In 2+ months I'm sure they'll squeeze 500 people out of $540+ (shipping is about $35 on that cube) to make a full first wave and get some people in a second wave. A third wave? I would be very surprised. That cardboard box wouldn't be worth $500 unless you filled it with $500!

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
The borg cube boxes look really awesome, but the full collector's edition is too expensive for me, and the drone package doesn't seem to be a good enough value (plus, I think it's still too expensive). I'll probably pre-order the RPG, though I'm torn between the Warp Factor 2 collector's edition (core book + PDFs) or the Starter Bundle collector's edition (which seems like a better value, especially if you've fears the entire line of those PDFs won't be produced).

I expect Modiphius will compensate people who get a PDF bundle for the books that don't get produced, should such a calamity occur, though. My interactions with them have been positive and I've never been dissatisfied with their customer service. I love their stuff.

The borg cube boxes look really awesome, but the full collector's edition is too expensive for me, and the drone package doesn't seem to be a good enough value (plus, I think it's still too expensive). I'll probably pre-order the RPG, though I'm torn between the Warp Factor 2 collector's edition (core book + PDFs) or the Starter Bundle collector's edition (which seems like a better value, especially if you've fears the entire line of those PDFs won't be produced).
It does look cool. Undecided what to buy.
If I have money. Really, depends on sales of my DMsGuild PDFs the next few months...

Adding up the contents. The all-in includes $536 worth of content (using the bundled miniature price). So there's a 5% discount on the package, and the "box", character sheets, and maps are free.
The new one contains $280.97 worth of stuff. So you're being charged an extra 15% for the cube, character sheets, and maps. You're paying $42 for that content. That's steep...

I expect Modiphius will compensate people who get a PDF bundle for the books that don't get produced, should such a calamity occur, though. My interactions with them have been positive and I've never been dissatisfied with their customer service. I love their stuff.
Hopefully.
But if the line isn't doing well, they likely won't be able to refund, the money all going to art did stuff.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
IHopefully.
But if the line isn't doing well, they likely won't be able to refund, the money all going to art did stuff.

I would at least expect store credit, even if it's just for PDFs from their store.

Of course, I don't expect that to happen. Modiphius strikes me as a pretty savvy company.

And the product reviews on the site have been wiped...
True, most of them were about the price and not based on a true evaluation of the product, but still not something you do.

TookyG

Explorer
And the product reviews on the site have been wiped...
True, most of them were about the price and not based on a true evaluation of the product, but still not something you do.

The value of a product certainly should factor into a person's review. I do think that those reviews were jumping the gun a bit but removing them is certainly not the avenue a company should venture down.

The value of a product certainly should factor into a person's review. I do think that those reviews were jumping the gun a bit but removing them is certainly not the avenue a company should venture down.

Completely agree.
It's uncool to post reviews without actually being able to judge the product. But removing negative reviews sets a bad precedent.
It would have been smarter to just lock reviews until the PDFs are available and/ or ship.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Completely agree.
It's uncool to post reviews without actually being able to judge the product. But removing negative reviews sets a bad precedent.
It would have been smarter to just lock reviews until the PDFs are available and/ or ship.

If the reviewer hasn't seen the product, it's not a negative review, it's a fake review.

oneshot

Explorer
Completely agree.

Also, I'm not sure that's what actually happened. There are still plenty of one-star reviews on the site, and the number hasn't gone down since the last time I saw the site. I suppose it's possible they took them down and put them back up again, however.

I think the increase in the ratings is due to a bunch of positive reviews posted to counteract the bad ones about the prices. Nonetheless, to Morrus's point, those are also fake reviews since they're posted just as countercommentsry and aren't actual reviews of the still unrealized product.

Edited to add: it looks like Modiphius did post responses to some of the negative reviews within the reviews themselves.

Last edited:

Remove ads