Star Trek: Ascendant - OOC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
How is RD Redemption, Blackrat? I played through RD Revolver, and I didn't think it was all that great.

Personally, I'm hooked on Gears of War 2 right now. :)

As far as I know, Redemption is nothing like Revolver (never played it but I've read a couple reviews). Eventhough the gamecompany claims loudly that RDR is not GTA with horses I have to say it really is. And it's a GOOD thing :D I love the game. It's like what's best in San Andreas, thrown to the "wild" west and added a ton of distractions to keep you busy. My first day I spent hours just hunting without even noticing the time flying by.

The only problems I think it has is that it seems to have some glitches. Personally I have only seen one (an invisible person I bumbed to accidentally), but the game forums claim there are quite a few. And that it seems a bit short to me. But that could really be a case of distorted time sense, as I've clocked over 40 hours in under a week :D

Rhun

First Post
As far as I know, Redemption is nothing like Revolver (never played it but I've read a couple reviews). Eventhough the gamecompany claims loudly that RDR is not GTA with horses I have to say it really is. And it's a GOOD thing :D I love the game. It's like what's best in San Andreas, thrown to the "wild" west and added a ton of distractions to keep you busy. My first day I spent hours just hunting without even noticing the time flying by.

With that said, it sounds more like GUN and a lot less like Red Dead Revolver (which was just sort of a western themed shooter in my opinion). If it is like GTA with horse, though, then I'm totally in!

And that it seems a bit short to me. But that could really be a case of distorted time sense, as I've clocked over 40 hours in under a week :D

Short games are always a drawback. But 40 hours doesn't seem too bad.

Remove ads