• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek Into Darkness - Spoiler Free

That's not a spoiler. Bruce Willis is dead in Sixth Sense is a spoiler. Geoffery Rush returns at the end of Pirates 2 is a spoiler. Spock dying in Wrath of Khan is a spoiler.

An action movie ending with a mediocre action scene is not a spoiler.

EricNoah

Adventurer
My spoiler-free mini-review: 3 out of 4 stars, a very good movie. As before I felt it was just a tad light-weight compared to what I would have preferred; I continue to not be dazzled by Quinto's Spock but am happy with all other performances (Cumberbatch was maybe just a smidge too hammy at times, but a refreshingly hefty villain); and I felt that the choice of telling this particular story, given the wide vista and endless possibilities the last movie opened up by wiping out the original timeline, was a little bit of a waste of that potential. And I agree that the climax as described by RangerWickett was not a great one - I would have hoped for more outthinking or outmaneuvering of the bad guy (or having the bad guy's fatal flaw undermine himself) than simply out-enduring him.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Ok, and am I the only one who was VERY distracted by what looked like a beefy guy in a dress on the bridge during much of the battle action??

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads